How to Reach Girona
- By Air: Although Girona has a small airport on its outskirts where Ryanair disembarks, major airplane companies don’t have direct flights to Girona, Spain. The closest airport is at Barcelona.
- By Train: Girona is connected to Barcelona via train as well. Trains depart on an hourly basis from Barcelona station.
- By Bus: Busses leave for Girona from Barcelona’s main bus terminal.
- On Foot: Girona is a relatively modest sized city and the historical centre can be easily covered on foot.
- By Bicycles: Visitors can also opt for renting bicycles.
- By Car: Car rentals are available and can be utilized for visiting nearby towns and mountains. However, avoid renting a car to explore the city itself. The streets are narrow making navigating a car difficult.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Girona. The most preferred mode of transport in Girona is Walking.
Average distance: 1.5 km Average time: 30 min
Walking 100%Walking 30 min Overall average time for 1.5 kms 30 min