How to Reach Girona
- By Air: Although Girona has a small airport on its outskirts where Ryanair disembarks, major airplane companies don’t have direct flights to Girona, Spain. The closest airport is at Barcelona.
- By Train: Girona is connected to Barcelona via train as well. Trains depart on an hourly basis from Barcelona station.
- By Bus: Busses leave for Girona from Barcelona’s main bus terminal.
- On Foot: Girona is a relatively modest sized city and the historical centre can be easily covered on foot.
- By Bicycles: Visitors can also opt for renting bicycles.
- By Car: Car rentals are available and can be utilized for visiting nearby towns and mountains. However, avoid renting a car to explore the city itself. The streets are narrow making navigating a car difficult.