Jewish Quarter, Girona
About Jewish Quarter, Girona
Jewish Quarter, Girona - Address
Address: Calle de la Forca, Girona, Spain
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 20.1K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located within the Forca Vella (a first century BC acropolis), the Jewish Quarter or Call is one of Girona’s most symbolic areas. A labyrinth of narrow streets and patios form the neighbourhood. An evidence of the importance of the Jewish culture in Girona, the area has still maintained its medieval atmosphere and is one of the best preserved Jewish quarters in the world.
Jewish Quarter Information
- The area is located uphill. A walk around the neighbourhood can get tiring.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
How To reach Jewish Quarter by Public Transport
- Walking is the best way to visit and explore the neighbourhood.
Restaurants Near Jewish Quarter
- Restaurant El Pou del Call
- La Vitaminica Ambulant
- Torrons Vicens Girona
- Cafe l’arc
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Girona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Girona and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jewish Quarter, Girona Reviews - Write a Review
Situated in the most well-preserved ancient Jewish quarter in Europe, this museum offers an unique perspective into the lives of Jewish people who inhabited the area a thousand years ago.
A little small but a lovely little museum with a really nice courtyard. Very interesting to learn about the history.
Excellent service. Beachfront. Delicious restaurant on site. And a pool!
A great reminder about how we all need to get along and respect others beliefs.
Excellent museum - ancient synagogue including mikvah. Many artifacts and information.
- Nearby Attractions
- Testigos Cristianos De Jehova
- Bisbat De Girona
- Museu D'história De La Ciutat
- Parc De La Devesa
- Jardins Dels Alemanys
- La Copa
- Aiguamolls De Les Hortes De Santa Eugenia
- Parc Del Migdia
- Monestir De Sant Pere De Galligants
- Hotel Ibis Budget Girona Costa Brava
- Girona Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Girona
- What to See in 48 Hours in Girona
- What to See in 72 Hours in Girona
- How to Spend 5 Days in Girona
- How to Spend 6 Days in Girona
- How to Spend 7 Days in Girona