Sant Pere De Rodes842 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cami del Monestir, s/n, 17489 El Port de la Selva, Girona, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-972387559
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Park, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery , Nature
A beautiful and majestic building, Sant Pere de Rodes is a 10th century Benedictine monastery which overlooks the Cap de Creus Natural Park. Situated on the mountain of Verdera, 250 metres above sea level, the monastery was declared a cultural site of national interest in the year 1930. The complex is one of the best examples of Romanesque architecture in Girona. Guided tours of the place are available and are highly recommended.
Sant Pere De Rodes Travel Tips
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- While there, do visit the ruins of the village of Santa Creu de Rodes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sant Pere De Rodes
- Adults: €4.50
- People under 21 years of age, groups of 25 or more: €3
- Seniors (65+) and children 7 and under: Free
How to Reach Sant Pere De Rodes
- None. Cycling or driving uphill to the place is recommended.
- Port de la Selva bus stop and then taxi from there.
- Restaurant present within the monastery premises.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Girona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Girona and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.8% of people who visit Girona include Sant Pere De Rodes in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.17% of people start their Sant Pere De Rodes visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sant Pere De Rodes
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sant Pere De Rodes