Glasgow City Chambers1420 Votes Currently Open
- Address: George Square, Glasgow City G2 1DU, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1412872000
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
The Glasgow city chambers are the heart of the political functioning of the city. Not only that, they are also a part of it’s past. The lovely Victorian architecture of the building is certainly a sight to see. The four story building is an impressive one standing in the heart of the city of Glasgow.
The official rooms are quite well decorated and for the most part the older charm of the interiors has been retained. Even though it is a functioning office building, it still hosts guided tours twice daily that allow entry into most of the halls and rooms. Not to be missed is the huge and impressive Banqueting hall. Also be sure to see the upper gallery. This attraction brings you the best of both worlds; the image of Victorian Scotland as well as the modern state it has become. Culture-seekers should certainly visit it.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Glasgow itinerary 1 days
How to Reach Glasgow City Chambers
- George Square
- Ingram Wynd
- Tinder Box
- Jamie's Italian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Glasgow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Glasgow and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Glasgow City Chambers Address: George Square, Glasgow City G2 1DU, United Kingdom
- Glasgow City Chambers Contact Number: +44-1412872000
- Glasgow City Chambers Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Glasgow City Chambers(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Glasgow City Chambers: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
32.15% of people who visit Glasgow include Glasgow City Chambers in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
52.05% of people start their Glasgow City Chambers visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Glasgow City Chambers
79.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Glasgow City Chambers
People normally club together The School Of Art and The Barras while planning their visit to Glasgow City Chambers.
Glasgow City Chambers Reviews & Ratings
How much are the tours to the city chambersAnswer Report Abuse
The Glasgow City Chamber Tours are offered free of charge.Report Abuse