The Barras791 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Gallowgate, Glasgow G1 5AX, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 04:00 pm - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1415524601
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Market, Family And Kids
The Barras has a very enchanting story to tell. A young fruit-seller opened a small shop here at a tender age of twelve. The place slowly grew and became very popular. The young fruit seller and her husband soon started a thriving business by acquiring land around the area making it into what it is today; one of the most important markets of Glasgow.
The indoor market is as bright and vibrant as it was then. It is also called Barrowland which is the English verision of the dialectical Barras. It is an amazing exepreince to just walk around the place and observe all the wares and enjoy the atmosphere. Besides, there are also quite a few shops selling food as well as restaurants and bars to eat at. All in all, it is a lovely place to sample the culture of Scotland.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Glasgow itinerary 3 days.
The Barras Travel Tips
- Other than shopping, people can check out the different eating and drinking options that are available here also.
How to Reach The Barras
- Number 16
- Black Sheep Bistro
- Malaga Tapas
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Glasgow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Glasgow and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Barras Address: Gallowgate, Glasgow G1 5AX, United Kingdom
- The Barras Contact Number: +44-1415524601
- The Barras Timing: 04:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Best time to visit The Barras(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit The Barras: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
17.91% of people who visit Glasgow include The Barras in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
75.63% of people start their The Barras visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Barras
76.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Barras
People normally club together Glasgow City Chambers and The Rogano while planning their visit to The Barras.