How to Reach Gothenburg, Sweden
The Easiest Way to Reach Gothenburg
- By Air: You can reach Gothenburg very easily by air, from the Landvetter Airport. It is about 16 miles from the city. Buses leave for the city centre every 15 minutes.
- By Train: All cities within Sweden are very well-connected with Gothenburg by train. some other Scandinavian cities like Copenhagen are also directly connected.
- By Bus/Boat: You can also consider travelling by Bus from other cities or by Boat from the sea, but these aren’t very convenient options.
- By Walk: Gothenburg is not just easy to get around by walking; it is a very lovely town which makes the walks tourist excursions in themselves. We suggest you use a combination of walking and tram to get around this lovely city. If not there is always the Taxi.
- By Cycle: If you aren’t the walking types, cycling is another way to get around. You can rent bikes at Cykelkungen which is in the city centre. If not you can ask your hotel reception which will also be able to find you a bike.
- By Tram: The tram network is easy to use and some of the older trams are brought out in the tourist season for a rustic experience. By a travel card which will be much cheaper to use. You will find the maps at the stops.
- By Bus: The Bus is largely used by locals but it is quite easy to use as well. Again, it is better to buy a pass or card And check the maps at the stops.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Gothenburg and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Gothenburg
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Gothenburg. The most preferred mode of transport in Gothenburg is Car.
Average distance: 7.44 km Average time: 19.78 min
Car 40%Driving 18 min Walking 1.13 min Overall average time for 12.13 kms 19.13 min
Train/Metro 10%Train 8 min Waiting 6.5 min Walking 5.5 min Bus 2 min Overall average time for 3 kms 22 min
Tram/Streetcar 5%Tram 24 min Bus 12 min Walking 2 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 15 kms 40 min
Walking 25%Walking 15.8 min Bus 0.6 min Waiting 0.4 min Overall average time for 1.58 kms 16.8 min
Bike 10%Bike 17.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 17.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Gothenburg
- How to reach Bräcketorp
- How to reach Ödsmål
- How to reach Mosshed
- How to reach Halmstad
- How to reach Bastad
- How to reach Lagan
- How to reach Algaras
- How to reach Lund
- How to reach Filipstad
- How to Reach Top Cities in Sweden
- How to reach Stockholm
- How to reach Kiruna
- How to reach Norrkopping
- How to reach Uppsala
- How to reach Visby
- How to reach Jukkasjarvi
- How to reach Landön
- How to reach Skansen
- How to reach Byholma
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Tazewell
- How to reach East Stroudsburg
- How to reach Los Alamos