How to Reach Gothenburg - The Easiest Way to Reach Gothenburg
- By Air: You can reach Gothenburg very easily by air, from the Landvetter Airport. It is about 16 miles from the city. Buses leave for the city centre every 15 minutes.
- By Train: All cities within Sweden are very well-connected with Gothenburg by train. some other Scandinavian cities like Copenhagen are also directly connected.
- By Bus/Boat: You can also consider travelling by Bus from other cities or by Boat from the sea, but these aren’t very convenient options.
- By Walk: Gothenburg is not just easy to get around by walking; it is a very lovely town which makes the walks tourist excursions in themselves. We suggest you use a combination of walking and tram to get around this lovely city. If not there is always the Taxi.
- By Cycle: If you aren’t the walking types, cycling is another way to get around. You can rent bikes at Cykelkungen which is in the city centre. If not you can ask your hotel reception which will also be able to find you a bike.
- By Tram: The tram network is easy to use and some of the older trams are brought out in the tourist season for a rustic experience. By a travel card which will be much cheaper to use. You will find the maps at the stops.
- By Bus: The Bus is largely used by locals but it is quite easy to use as well. Again, it is better to buy a pass or card And check the maps at the stops.
Are you looking for a Gothenburg travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Gothenburg
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Gothenburg. The most preferred mode of transport in Gothenburg is Car.
Average distance: 7.73 km Average time: 21.22 min
Car 36%Driving 17.11 min Walking 1.11 min Overall average time for 11.44 kms 18.22 min
Tram/Streetcar 16%Tram 15.5 min Walking 4.25 min Waiting 3.75 min Bus 3 min Overall average time for 8.25 kms 26.5 min
Train/Metro 8%Train 8 min Waiting 6.5 min Walking 5.5 min Bus 2 min Overall average time for 3 kms 22 min
Walking 20%Walking 15.8 min Bus 0.6 min Waiting 0.4 min Overall average time for 1.58 kms 16.8 min
Bike 8%Bike 17.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 17.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4%Bus 45 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 20 kms 55 min
How to Reach Gothenburg from Nearby Cities
|Torslanda to Gothenburg||51.37 km||51 mins|
|Mölndal to Gothenburg||79.26 km||1 hour 19 mins|
- How to reach Stockholm
- How to reach Lund
- How to reach Kiruna
- How to reach Norrkopping
- How to reach Halmstad
- How to reach Uppsala