Mahabaleswara TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Gokarna Beach Road, Dandebagh, Gokarna, Karnataka 581326, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8386257956
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Landmark, Family And Kids
Mahabaleswara Temple - Review
One of the most important attractions of Gokarna, The temple is very well known because of a beautiful legend attributed to it. It is here where Ravana, the demon king had to rest the ‘Atmalinga’ statue when he was tricked by Lord Ganesh who at last built a temple around. The temple is built in proper Dravidian architecture. It is said that Shivaji, the great emperor had visited this temple once to offer his prayers. The carved stone image of Lord Shiva inside the sanctum is said to be 1500 years old.
Mahabaleswara Temple Ticket Prices
- For a detailed list of prices of prayer offerings refer website.
How To reach Mahabaleswara Temple by Public Transport
- Ask locals for direction.
- Take a rikshaw or just take a walk if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gokarna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gokarna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mahabaleswara Temple
95% of people who visit Gokarna include Mahabaleswara Temple in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
58.06% of people start their Mahabaleswara Temple visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mahabaleswara Temple
90.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mahabaleswara Temple
Mahabaleswara Temple Map
Mahabaleswara Temple Trips
Mahabaleswara Temple, Gokarna Reviews
It’s a Historical temple, beautiful architecture and peaceful ambience. Very near to Gokarna beach. This is a must to visit this place in Gokarna. Awesome place... One of the best places. Many places around here to visit...best place for refreshment.
A peaceful devoted experience that enhances your power and spirits. No entry for foreigners. That's a drawback that no outsider can feel the devotion. This place is very clean. So a must visit place for Indians!
Historical temple , beautiful architecture, peaceful ambience. Very near to Gokarna beach. This is a must see place in Gokarna.Dont forget to go to Ganesha temple before going to this temple.
Nice Devine place. Temple is just front of sea. Beach is nice but city is not maintained clean even though they are trying their best nowadays. Must visit place....
Awesome palce.. one of the best places. Many places around here to visit...best place for refreshment.
All QuestionsMahabaleswara temple
- City Of Covington Parks & Recreation Department
- Bull Run AIRPORT-8tn9
- Western Valley Baptist Church
- Central Christian Church Parsonage
- Collins Chapel CME Church
- Jehovah's Witnesses Covington Congregation
- Church Of Christ Highway
- Hatchie Church Of Christ
- Westside Pentecostal Church Of God
- Thurmond Glenn Field
- Laughter Missionary Baptist Church
- Covington Municipal Airport
- Russell Parks & Shelton
- First United Methodist Church
- True Vine Apostolic Holiness Church