How to Reach Gold Coast
HOW TO GET TO GOLD COAST
- By Air: The Gold Coast Airport also known as Coolangatta Airport is a small terminal which receives frequent connections from major Australian cities and some international flights from New Zealand and Asia. This airport is conspicuous as it straddles the NSW and Queensland borders. The airport is around 30 minutes drive to Surfers Paradise. There is a shuttle bus connecting the airport to the main surfside buses route on Gold Coast halfway between Tweed Heads and Surfers Paradise.
- By train: There is an electric CityTrain service which runs from Brisbane to Coomera, Helensvale, Nerang and Robina. This train runs parallel to the coast and can drop you closest to your destination in Goldcoast. There is also a Country link in NSW which runs trains from Sydney from where you can get bus connections direct to Surfers Paradise or Tweed Heads.
HOW TO GET AROUND GOLD COAST
- By tram:The region has a Gold Coast Light Rail popularly known as "G:Link" which is the fastest, simplest and most convenient way of travelling around and connects most of the districts around the city. This service covers a 13km route starting from the Gold Coast University Hospital to Broadbeach South via Surfers Paradise, Southport, Main Beach and Griffith University. If you wish to go to the famous Surfer’s Paradise, then you can get down at stop "Cavill Avenue" which is just five minutes’ walk to it.
- By Bus: You can roam around the city with Surfside Buslines which has stops on all the main roads in Gold Coast. Infact, all the main tourist attractions are serviced by bus. You would need a Translink GoCard Ticketless system to travel ticketless throughout your journey.
- By Taxi:Taxis are easily and readily available throughout the city.
- By Bike:You can easily and safely bike around the Gold Coast Ocean way which is a 36km pathway for pedestrians and cyclists linking Point Danger to the Gold Coast Seaway, stretching along most of the city coastline.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Gold Coast. The most preferred mode of transport in Gold Coast is Car.
Average distance: 16.97 km Average time: 28.46 min
Car 56.25%Driving 27 min Walking 0.33 min Overall average time for 21.67 kms 27.33 min
Motorbike 6.25%Motorbike 14 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 8.6 kms 14.5 min
Walking 18.75%Walking 26.67 min Driving 7 min Overall average time for 8 kms 33.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.25%Bus 30 min Waiting 5 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 10 kms 37 min
|Nerang street to Gold Coast||8.07 km||8 mins|
|Doolandella to Gold Coast||61.86 km||1 hour 1 mins|
|Cannon hill to Gold Coast||63.98 km||1 hour 3 mins|
|Brisbane to Gold Coast||68.85 km||1 hour 8 mins|
|Fortitude valley to Gold Coast||69.26 km||1 hour 9 mins|
|Bundaberg to Gold Coast||333.1 km||5 hours 33 mins|
|Tamworth to Gold Coast||408.59 km||6 hours 48 mins|
|Terrigal to Gold Coast||577.59 km||9 hours 37 mins|
|Wahroonga to Gold Coast||615.57 km||10 hours 15 mins|
|Dural to Gold Coast||616.31 km||10 hours 16 mins|