Are you looking for what to do in Gold Coast?
PLACES TO SEE
- Burleigh Heads: Called simply as Burleigh to locals, this beach is situated between Surfers Paradise and Coolangatta. The beach is a must visit as it is known for its picturesque backdrop.
- Surfers Paradise: This is one place for which people come to Gold Coast. Considered to be the jewel of Australia, the place holds ultimate fun and adventure.
- Coolangatta Beach: Situated in Southern Gold Coast, the beach is famous for surfing. Also, you can watch Surfers Paradise skyline from here.
- Springbrook: Situated in Gold Coast hinterland, Springbrook National Park is known for its Antarctic beech trees, native wildlife and luscious lookouts. Its plateau offers fabulous views.
- Main Beach: This beach was so named as it was the main surf beach to the town of Southport. It has some of the best cafes in Gold Coast.
- Paradise Point: These parklands are an ideal location to take a stroll, to picnic and have fun, overlooking water.
- Coomera: Named after a fern by aboriginals, Coomera today houses all the big names in entertainment such as Dreamworld, WhiteWater World, Wet’n’Wild, Warner Bros. Movie World and the Australian Outback Spectacular.
- Southport: Southport is Gold Coast’s earliest and most fashionable seaside destinations. The place overlooks the dazzling Broadwater and boasts of some of the best shopping spaces such as Australia Fair Shopping centre.
- Oxenford: It is home to some of the best movie-making facilities in Australia along with the largest purpose-built film water tank in Australia. A number of high-profile Australian and international movies have been filmed and produced here.
- Carrara: This suburb is home to the Gold Coast’s most popular markets which sell everything imaginable from farm fresh produce and meat to fashion, toys, jewellery and homewares.
- Robina: This new suburb of Gold Coast claims some of the most impressive shopping and recreation facilities in the state including the Robina Town Centre and Bond University.
- Broadbeach: Situated along Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach is framed by lazy parks which are home to weekend markets and weekday yoga classes. It is known for its famous mall, the Broadbeach Mall.South Stradbroke Island: Forming the north side of Gold Coast, this island offers stunning opportunities for surfing, swimming and bushwalking. You can hire, do rock climbing and ocean fishing within its 1800 hectare conservation park.
- Currumbin: This place is famous for its Wildlife Sanctuary, which is one of the earliest theme parks on Gold Coast.
- Benowa: One of the suburbs around Gold Coast, Benowa is famous for its Regional Botanical Gardens.
- Coombabah: Coombabah Lakes Conservation Area is an ideal locale to take short walks, animal spotting and plant identification.
- Gilston: Located in the heart of Gold Coast’s hinterland, this district is known for its Hinze Dam.
THINGS TO DO
- Jetboat Ride: Gold Coast offers numerous opportunities for jet boat rides, an adventurous way to look at its skyline and surrounding islands and marinas while performing some extreme water-based stunts.
- Whale Watching: Lasting from late May to early November each year, the whales make for a spectacular sight as they perform their regular trip up the east coast of Australia searching for warmer waters. Since Gold Coast is a good seaside location, you can easily take whale watching tours, available at various points.
- Cruise: You can enjoy the sunny Australia sitting on the cruise and watching the spectacular colors of the water.
- Explore the Hinterland: Watch glow worm caves, cascading waterfalls, wonderful mountain views and verdant wineries in the Gold Coast Hinterland.
- SkyPoint Deck at Q1 building: This iconic landmark of Gold Coast, the Q1 Building has its viewing platform on the 77th floor named the SkyPoint Observation Deck from where you can have a 360 degree view of the region.
Below we have a list of things to do in Gold Coast and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Gold Coast getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Gold Coast with confidence.