Are you looking for what to do in Goreme?
PLACES TO SEE
- Goreme National Park: Dive into the history Turkey has preserved. Goreme is one of them. The Goreme National Park is stretched across a vast area with historic caves and stunning views. The Park made it on the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1985.
- Goreme Open-Air Museum: A compilation of a dozen of religious Christian buildings belonging to the 10th, 11th and 12 centuries like churches tombs and more combine to form the Goreme Open air museum. The museum houses caves and beautiful Byzantine era paintings of Biblical scenes as well.
- Fairy Chimneys: These unique chimneys that stand about 100 feet tall look unusual yet lovely.
- Zelve Open Air Museum: The Zelve Open Air Museum features a zelve church and frescoes. The museum is stretched over three small valleys and is located a few kilometers away from the Goreme open air museum.
THINGS TO DO
- Balloon Rides: Cappadocia balloon rides are a common activity in Goreme. Try the popular hot air balloon ride activity in Goreme. In this ride you get a mesmerizing aerial view of the region while you're in a sky full of colorful balloons.
- Horseback Riding: Riding is a common activity in the city of Goreme. You ride on the back of a horse through the mesmerizing landscapes of the city through valleys enjoying the the bliss of nature.
- Hiking: You can also enjoy hiking the many valleys in the city.
- Shopping: Goreme has quite a few shops for traditional carpets, rugs and souvenirs.
Below we have a list of things to do in Goreme and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Goreme getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Goreme with confidence.