Natural History Museum1147 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Slottsskogen Ostra, 413 08 Goteborg, Sweden, Gothenburg Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +46-104414400
- Ticket Price: 40 SEK
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Natural History Museums
Gotenburg has some very interesting museums to see. One such place is the Natural History Museum that has the best zoological collections. Over ten millions figurines and stuffed versions of animals have been moved here from all over the world. Situated in the Slottsskogen city park, the museum displays the structure of the earth and the life history of the world and its creatures. The giant blue whale and the huge African elephant are perhaps the most interesting exhibits.
It is important to note here that the blue whale is the world’s only mounted whale. Founded in the year 1833, this museum has become the key centre of the animal and natural history collection. The distinctiveness of the museum lies in its presentation of the earth, the sea life and other environmental issues. Frequent exhibitions are held at this museum which further enhances the tourist interest of the museum. Judging all these features, it is best to say that this is a must visit for all. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Gothenburg itinerary 1 day.
Natural History Museum Travel Tips
- The tickets available at the museum are not only valid for the day after day of the visit, one can use it throughout the year.
How to Reach Natural History Museum
- Goteborg Linneplatse
- Cafe och restaurang
- Grona Rummet
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gothenburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gothenburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Natural History Museum Address: Slottsskogen Ostra, 413 08 Goteborg, Sweden, Gothenburg
- Natural History Museum Contact Number: +46-104414400
- Natural History Museum Timing: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Natural History Museum Price: 40 SEK
- Time required to visit Natural History Museum: 06:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
50.02% of people who visit Gothenburg include Natural History Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
85.71% of people start their Natural History Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Natural History Museum
81.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Natural History Museum
People normally club together Fish Church and Linnéplatsen while planning their visit to Natural History Museum.
Natural History Museum Reviews & Ratings
Do children 4 years old have to pay for tickets or they go for free ?Answer Report Abuse