Tours for Albayzin
About Albayzin, Granada
Even in small cities and towns each district has its own flavour, usually marked with its distinct inhabitants, local commerce or architecture. Famous examples include New Orleans’ French Quarter and Antwerp’s famous diamond district. Albayzin, a district in Granada, belongs on the same list as those distinguished districts; an opinion shared by UNESCO as it was declared a World Heritage Site in 1984. Apart from being the area facing and therefore providing views of the fantastic Alhambra, its claim to fame is its rich Moorish architecture. Wander around its narrow twisting streets and gaze upon some original Moorish buildings, some dating back to the 11th, 12th and 13th centuries. It’s a place you can mingle with the locals and observe the day to day happenings. The bars and restaurants dotted around the locality provide some respite when you are tired of walking.
- Travel light, you will be walking around a neighbourhood, don’t be encumbered with heavy baggage.
- Sunscreen and comfortable walking shoes are good ideas.
- Catch a Flamenco dance.
- Tickets are never sold out for the Flamenco dances, so don’t be conned into thinking they are. Surf around, there are plenty of places offering the same thing.
- The picturesque district has many steep steps carved into it, be careful!
- The church of San Nicolas offers a great viewing point from where one can look at the Alhambra.
- Granada’s archaeological museum is located here. Not the oldest of civilizations Spain, but you may find some good medieval artefacts.
- Visit the remains of the Arab bath complex.
- The Church of San Salvador which was built on the ruins of a Moorish mosque.
- This quiet district is also good to live in when you are visiting Granada.
Albayzin Tickets Prices
- Entry is free.
- Paid guided tours are available.
Albayzin Opening and Closing Hours
- Neighborhood is open all over the year.
- Individual attractions will have separate timings.
How To Get To Albayzin by Public Transport
- Take bus number 31
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Albayzin Tickets And Tours
Watch a flamenco show in a Sacromonte cave in Granada, and then explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed neighborhood of Albaicin on an evening walking tour. Inside an authentic flamenco joint âÂÂ Cuevas Los Tarantos âÂÂ sit back and relax with a drink, or perhaps upgrade to include a 3-course dinner, while watching a regional type of flamenco known as âÂÂzambra.âÂÂ Before returning to your hotel, stroll around Albaicin with a guide and see unforgettable views of the Alhambra palace complex, illuminated by night.
Discover some of the best secret viewpoints of Granada's Sierra Nevada in a tailor-made 4WD tour. Led by a local guide, pass white mountain villages, lakes, old Mediterranean forests and snowed mountains. On this 5-hour tour, you will drive through deep valleys excavated by the ice and the rivers during thousand of years. Top it off with a drink in a panoramic restaurant at 2500 meters with incredible views of the highest mountains in Spain.
Enjoy this day trip from Seville to Granada, which will include Alhambra ticket, a walking tour of Albaycin and Sacromonte and a visit to many more places.
Explore the Alhambra, and then ride a Segway or electric bike around the picturesque Albaicin and Sacromonte districts on this Granada combo tour. In the morning, use your skip-the-line ticket to head straight inside the Alhambra. Enjoy a 3-hour walking tour of the palaces and courtyards, once the retreat of Moorish sultans and kings, and explore the Generalife gardens. After some free time, hop on a Segway or electric bike to ride around the charming Albaicin district and hillside Sacromonte with its gypsy caves.
Share your experience - Rate Albayzin, Granada
- Nearby Attractions
- Granada Cathedral
- Paseo De Los Tristes
- Monastery Of San Jeronimo De Granada
- Mezquita Mayor De Granada
- Monasterio Cartuja
- Carmen De Los Martires
- Plaza De Bib-rambla
- Plaza Nueva
- Fundacion Rodriguez-acosta
- Palace Of Charles V
- Hotels Near Albayzin
- Hotels Near Albayzin
- 5 Star Hotels Near Albayzin
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Albayzin
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Albayzin
- Budget Hotels Near Albayzin
- Cheap Hotels Near Albayzin
- Luxury Hotels Near Albayzin
- Granada Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Granada
- 2 Days in Granada
- 3 Days in Granada
- 4 Days in Granada
- 5 Days in Granada
- 6 Days in Granada
- 7 Days in Granada