About Alcazaba, Granada
Alcazaba, Granada - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Calle Real de la Alhambra, Granada, Spain
Ticket Price: 14 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 279 times in trip plans
Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Alcazaba is the oldest part of Alhambra and was used for military purposes. The ‘Vela’ watchtower overlooks the whole neighbourhood along with the Quebrada, Homenaje, Cubo and Adarguero towersand eventhough access to the dungeons is restricted, you can still walk around the historic place.
Just like Alhambra, the Alcabaza remained in ruins till the 19th century and in 20th century its restoration has given life to the history of Granada that would otherwise remain lost. Stop by at the place for the view, the architecture and the ambience.
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Do wear sturdy shoes.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
Alcazaba Ticket Prices
- Adults: € 14.00
- Children under 12: Free entry
- Children between 12 and 15 years old: € 8.00
- Senior citizens (aged 65 years and over) and pensioners from the European Union: € 9.00. A justification of retirement must be presented
- Euro < 26 and Euro < 30 Card holders: € 9.00
- People with disabilities (with more than 33% disability and upon presentation of valid document): € 8.00
For other prices, visit the official website.
Alcazaba Opening and Closing Hours
Daytime general visit:
March 15th through October 14th-
- Monday to Sunday: Morning ticket (8:30 am to 2.00 pm) and afternoon ticket (2.00 pm to 8.00 pm).
- Ticket office: 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
October 15th through March 14th-
- Monday to Sunday: Morning ticket (8:30 am to 2.00 pm) and afternoon ticket (2.00 pm to 8.00 pm)
- Ticket office: 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
How To reach Alcazaba by Public Transport
- By Bus: Puerta de la Justicia
- By Taxi
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Alcazaba, Granada Reviews - Write a Review
Besides the great views, the center courtyard is quite interesting as the place where the armies were houses. Don't miss the gorgeous gardens on the exit route. Perfect spot to sit in the shade, among flowers and fountains, to take a rest, photo, or snack break.
Even though there are more interesting buildings in the whole complex of the Alhambra, this one has espectacular views of Granada. Great location to take your pano pictures!!!
A great place to take beautiful photos of Granada. Especially from the tower you have a great view all around.
Another UNESCO site ticked off the list and didn't let us down. We were a bit disorganised with the tickets but got a guide from the Grandad online with was good and well organised.
Take your time, prepare to have a long walk, get an audioguide.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Abades Nevada Palace
- Shine Albayzín
- Hotel Macià Real De La Alhambra
- Hotel Casa Morisca
- Tajine Elvira
- Hotel Molinos
- Iglesia De San José
- Hotel Inglaterra - Web Oficial®
- Makuto Hostel
- Granada Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Granada
- What to See in 48 Hours in Granada
- What to See in 72 Hours in Granada
- How to Spend 5 Days in Granada
- How to Spend 6 Days in Granada
- How to Spend 7 Days in Granada