AlcazabaCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Calle Real de la Alhambra, Granada, Spain
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 14 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Alcazaba is the oldest part of Alhambra and was used for military purposes. The ‘Vela’ watchtower overlooks the whole neighbourhood along with the Quebrada, Homenaje, Cubo and Adarguero towersand eventhough access to the dungeons is restricted, you can still walk around the historic place.
Just like Alhambra, the Alcabaza remained in ruins till the 19th century and in 20th century its restoration has given life to the history of Granada that would otherwise remain lost. Stop by at the place for the view, the architecture and the ambience.
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Do wear sturdy shoes.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
- Adults: € 14.00
- Children under 12: Free entry
- Children between 12 and 15 years old: € 8.00
- Senior citizens (aged 65 years and over) and pensioners from the European Union: € 9.00. A justification of retirement must be presented
- Euro < 26 and Euro < 30 Card holders: € 9.00
- People with disabilities (with more than 33% disability and upon presentation of valid document): € 8.00
For other prices, visit the official website.
Daytime general visit:
March 15th through October 14th-
- Monday to Sunday: Morning ticket (8:30 am to 2.00 pm) and afternoon ticket (2.00 pm to 8.00 pm).
- Ticket office: 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
October 15th through March 14th-
- Monday to Sunday: Morning ticket (8:30 am to 2.00 pm) and afternoon ticket (2.00 pm to 8.00 pm)
- Ticket office: 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
- By Bus: Puerta de la Justicia
- By Taxi
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.33% of people who visit Granada include Alcazaba in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
56.52% of people start their Alcazaba visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Alcazaba
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alcazaba
what a cool place to enjoy and taking picture. The place is uphill, so you can see the city around and it is so beautiful. If you have a baby, you cannot bring a stroller here. You have to leave it at the entrance. The place is quite big and nice.
Even if you abhor tourist masses, you should visit the Alhambra at least once in your life! Simply magnificent and unique. Book tickets online beforehand, unless you want to queue for several hours (if you are lucky and visit in winter time, in summer, you probably don't even get any ticket for the same day)
The highest point of Alhambra,, enjoy it and prepare to walk so many steps to reach there.
Amazing 360 degree views of the city and mountains amongst the beautiful fort ruins.
Beautiful views of Granada and Sierra Nevada mountains...