Alcazaba30 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle Real de la Alhambra, Granada, Spain
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 14 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Alcazaba is the oldest part of Alhambra and was used for military purposes. The ‘Vela’ watchtower overlooks the whole neighbourhood along with the Quebrada, Homenaje, Cubo and Adarguero towersand eventhough access to the dungeons is restricted, you can still walk around the historic place.
Just like Alhambra, the Alcabaza remained in ruins till the 19th century and in 20th century its restoration has given life to the history of Granada that would otherwise remain lost. Stop by at the place for the view, the architecture and the ambience.
Alcazaba Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Do wear sturdy shoes.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
Entrance Ticket Details For Alcazaba
- Adults: € 14.00
- Children under 12: Free entry
- Children between 12 and 15 years old: € 8.00
- Senior citizens (aged 65 years and over) and pensioners from the European Union: € 9.00. A justification of retirement must be presented
- Euro < 26 and Euro < 30 Card holders: € 9.00
- People with disabilities (with more than 33% disability and upon presentation of valid document): € 8.00
For other prices, visit the official website.
Daytime general visit:
March 15th through October 14th-
- Monday to Sunday: Morning ticket (8:30 am to 2.00 pm) and afternoon ticket (2.00 pm to 8.00 pm).
- Ticket office: 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
October 15th through March 14th-
- Monday to Sunday: Morning ticket (8:30 am to 2.00 pm) and afternoon ticket (2.00 pm to 8.00 pm)
- Ticket office: 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
How to Reach Alcazaba
- By Bus: Puerta de la Justicia
- By Taxi
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.09% of people who visit Granada include Alcazaba in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
56.52% of people start their Alcazaba visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Alcazaba
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alcazaba