Basilica De San Juan De DiosCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle San Juan de Dios, 15, 18001 Granada, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-958275700
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Decorated and embellished with fine gold decor, stunning art work, beautiful paintings and a ‘larger-than-life’ ambience, the Basilica de San Juan de Dios is a treat for art lovers, history enthusiasts and anyone who wants to witness its sheer grandeur.
Every inch of the basilica has a story to tell and frames the main alter to literally leave you speechless! The lights add to the glamour and before you know it, you are lost in the magic of the 18th century.
- Admission: Euros 4 per person. It includes audio guide in 5 languages.
Summer hours (June 1-September 30):
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am and 8:30 pm
- Sundays and holy days of obligation: 8:30 am, 12:30 pm and 8:30 pm
Winter hours (1 October- May 31):
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am and 7:30 pm
- Sundays and holy days of obligation: 8:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm (Mass Sick), 7:30 pm and 8:30 pm
- By Bus: San Juan de Dios 7
- By Taxi
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.16% of people who visit Granada include Basilica De San Juan De Dios in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
41.51% of people start their Basilica De San Juan De Dios visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Basilica De San Juan De Dios
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica De San Juan De Dios
Totally worth a short visit (1hr). There are so much details to take in and my pictured don't do it any justices. We were allowed to visit various spaces in the basilica.
For not all too much money (very little) you can get a nice audiotour of this interesting Basilica de San Juan de Dios, who lived in this city for most of his life. His remains are kept here in the basilica, which you can see during the tour. You can take as much time as you want. Also nice to visit if you are not religious. A lot of gold and ivory.
If you like your well decorated Roman Catholic churches then this is the place to go. The gold, as well as the ceiling paintings and relics need to be seen to be believed.
Spectacular over the top Baroque design, not to be missed! One of the most beautiful churches I’ve seen
The church is decorated in Andalusian baroque style. Laced with gold and amazing wooden statues, this is one place not to miss.