Calle NavasCurrently Open
- Address: Calle Navas, 18009 Granada, Spain Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Pubs, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Street Food, Streets
What is the cheapest way to sample the Spanish cuisine and get very inebriated in the process? Did you say "make friends with a Spanish local and hope you get invited over for dinner?" Nice try, but it's much easier than that. It's called tapas crawling. Tapas are best described as appetizers or snacks and they can be of many different types. They're generally given away for free with a drink. So a perfect night would be moving from bar to bar, ordering a beer at each and sampling the free tapas. And no other place is better that Calle Navas, a street in Granada that is chock full of pubs. Each pub has its own style and since the Spaniards eat dinner quite late, the pubs are open till 2 am. Enough time to make it from one end to another, or at least half way through if you've overloaded on the alcohol. Tapas are meant to encourage conversation, the way a full seated dinner can't. So look forward to chatting and lots of beer (or wine).
Calle Navas Travel Tips
- Attire: Wear something comfortable, that you can walk around in. It might get chilly at night, and the fronts of the pubs have open seating areas so carry a light jacket or sweater.
- Cuisine Type: Spanish
- Seating: Indoors and open-air.
- Ambience: Casual, local scene. The area has become a large tourist attraction though, with many touts and hawkers.
- Don't get stuck at one pub, move around and ask for different types of tapas.
- Ask the locals which pub you should visit next.
- Learn a little Spanish and ask the bartenders for you beer and tapas in their language.
- Since it gathers many tourists into a packed street it is full of hawkers and touts. Avoid them if you want to.
- Some of the restaurants are quite pricey as the place is known to be a bit of a tourist trap.
- You can go any day of the week except Sunday, but Fridays and Saturdays are the best.
- If book a room in a hotel on the street or nearby you can stagger home very late at night!
Entrance Ticket Details For Calle Navas
- Entry is free.
- Other prices depend on purchase.
- Some bars and pubs may have entry fee for special events.
Calle Navas Hours
- Street is open throughout the day.
- Pubs, bars and shops have individual timings.
- Bars usually close around 2 am.
How to Reach Calle Navas
- Bus C5 at Ganivet 2 bus station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Calle Navas Address: Calle Navas, 18009 Granada, Spain
- Calle Navas Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Calle Navas(preferred time): 07:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Time required to visit Calle Navas: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.39% of people who visit Granada include Calle Navas in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
42.24% of people start their Calle Navas visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Calle Navas
76.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Calle Navas
People normally club together Casa Del Arte Flamenco and Plaza Nueva while planning their visit to Calle Navas.