About Generalife, Granada
Though right next to the Alhambra, the Generalife is considered to be a different structure altogether, mostly because it had a different purpose. The Alhambra was a palace that had living quarters and places for the palace business. The Generalife was built in the early 14th century with one purpose, to get away from it all, especially during the hot summer months. Visiting the gardens of the Generalife (which means "gardens of the architect") one can marvel at the sophistication of Arab engineering, ingenuity and architecture. Using primitive hydraulics and a good understanding of physics the Arab rulers built this summer palace with multiple fountains, pools of water and beautiful gardens to really make the spot habitable during the heat. Just perfect to stroll around slowly, taking in the greenery of its many gardens and the cool air from the fountains.
- It is near impossible to obtain a ticket at the counter itself as the lines are very long and they sell out quickly. Buy one beforehand.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking to do.
- Tickets sell out well in advance during tourist season, so plan accordingly.
- Take a long and leisurely stroll in the Gardens, it has some spectacular views of the city of Granada. It takes not more than 2 hours to view it all, but some prefer to make this a 3 to 4 hour stroll with breaks.
- If you are travelling with children the Generalife will provide welcome respite after the Alhambra.
Generalife Tickets Prices
- Given price is for daytime visit to Generalife, Gardens and Alcazaba Fortress for adults.
- Adults: 7 Euros
- Children under 12: Free
- Combo tickets of Alhambra and Generalife is also available. Refer official website for details.
Generalife Opening and Closing Hours
- For timings of Night visit around Nasrid Palace, Gardens and Palace of Generalife please refer official website.
How To Get To Generalife by Public Transport
- Bus routes 30 and 34 reach the Alhambra.
- Bus C4 stop Alixares Generalife bus station.
Restaurants Near Generalife
- La Mimbre (Spanish, Reservations, highly expensive, casual)
- Jardines Alberto (Spanish, moderately expensive, casual)
- Carmen de San Miguel (Spanish, highly expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 18009 Granada, Spain
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 20.7K times in trip plans
Garden, Historical Site, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fountain
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Generalife Tickets And Tours
Join a group to visit one of the most bright architectural marvels of Spain's Moorish past - magnificent Alhambra with its Alcazaba and Palacio de Generalife. After the tour you will get free time in Granada city center, before the group returns to Seville.
See one of Granada’s iconic landmarks without the hassle of large crowds on a Viator Exclusive 3-hour tour of The Alhambra. Use your priority-access pass to gain early entry to the UNESCO-listed landmark and embark on a tour of The Alhambra beside a knowledgeable guide. See the Alcazaba Fortress before strolling among the exotic greenery of the Generalife Gardens. Enjoy The Alhambra palace complex before it becomes crowded with your exclusive priority-access pass.
Skip past the AlhambraâÂÂs long entrance lines with your private guide and explore this incredible palace complex! Including priority access, this private tour ensures youâÂÂll see the best of GranadaâÂÂs premier UNESCO World Heritage Site with ease. Tour all the must-visit Alhambra highlights like Alcazaba Fortress, the Nasrid Palaces and Generalife Gardens, while learning about its Moorish history.
Combine the fascinating history of Nerja and the beautiful scenery of the Tropical Coast on this day trip from Granada. Nerja boasts 10 miles (16 kilometers) of beaches with powdery sand and sparkling clear water. Its most spectacular attraction is undoubtedly the fascinating Caves of Nerja, where you will find archaeological treasures over 20,000 years old.
Share your experience - Rate Generalife, Granada
I loved every bit. It was so beautiful. Wish I could go back😩. If you go take plenty of water and snacks with you as there's no where to buy anything. We didn't book a tour which was beneficial to us as we noticed tour guides rushed through the Alhambra. We got to stop and take in the views. Plenty of pictures too. Islamic architecture at its best😍👌
If you are into historic experiences this is a must. My interest was merely the architectural experience, which was very special. Believe most of the guides do a good job in Spanish and English but with a guide you kind of rush through most of the sites instead of enjoying selective places.
Alhambra is enough. If you have visited Mirador San Nicholas and Alhambra you don't necessarily need this. Great view though and lots of gardens
No words can describe such an amazing place!! That's really heaven on earth !
Impressive gardens in the Al Hambra grounds.
- Other Attractions
- St. Fagans - National History Museum
- Cardiff Bay
- Cardiff Castle
- Doctor Who Experience Cardiff Bay
- Millennium Stadium
- Wales Millennium Centre
- National Museum And Art Gallery
- Castell Coch
- Bute Park
- Roath Park
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Budget Hotels Near St. Fagans - National History Museum
- Cheap Hotels Near Cardiff Bay
- Luxury Hotels Near Cardiff Castle
- Cheap Hotels Near Doctor Who Experience Cardiff Bay
- Luxury Hotels Near Millennium Stadium
- 5 Star Hotels Near Wales Millennium Centre
- Luxury Hotels Near National Museum And Art Gallery
- Cheap Hotels Near Castell Coch
- Budget Hotels Near Bute Park
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Roath Park
- City Tripplans
- Granada Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Granada from Granada
- Granada Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Granada from Granada
- Granada Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Granada from Granada
- Granada Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Granada from Granada
- Granada Itinerary 6 Days
- Granada Itinerary 4 Days