About Generalife, Granada
Generalife, Granada - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 18009 Granada, Spain
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 20.8K times in trip plans
Garden, Historical Site, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fountain
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Though right next to the Alhambra, the Generalife is considered to be a different structure altogether, mostly because it had a different purpose. The Alhambra was a palace that had living quarters and places for the palace business. The Generalife was built in the early 14th century with one purpose, to get away from it all, especially during the hot summer months. Visiting the gardens of the Generalife (which means "gardens of the architect") one can marvel at the sophistication of Arab engineering, ingenuity and architecture. Using primitive hydraulics and a good understanding of physics the Arab rulers built this summer palace with multiple fountains, pools of water and beautiful gardens to really make the spot habitable during the heat. Just perfect to stroll around slowly, taking in the greenery of its many gardens and the cool air from the fountains.
- It is near impossible to obtain a ticket at the counter itself as the lines are very long and they sell out quickly. Buy one beforehand.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking to do.
- Tickets sell out well in advance during tourist season, so plan accordingly.
- Take a long and leisurely stroll in the Gardens, it has some spectacular views of the city of Granada. It takes not more than 2 hours to view it all, but some prefer to make this a 3 to 4 hour stroll with breaks.
- If you are travelling with children the Generalife will provide welcome respite after the Alhambra.
Generalife Ticket Prices
- Given price is for daytime visit to Generalife, Gardens and Alcazaba Fortress for adults.
- Adults: 7 Euros
- Children under 12: Free
- Combo tickets of Alhambra and Generalife is also available. Refer official website for details.
Generalife Opening and Closing Hours
- For timings of Night visit around Nasrid Palace, Gardens and Palace of Generalife please refer official website.
How To reach Generalife by Public Transport
- Bus routes 30 and 34 reach the Alhambra.
- Bus C4 stop Alixares Generalife bus station.
Restaurants Near Generalife
- La Mimbre (Spanish, Reservations, highly expensive, casual)
- Jardines Alberto (Spanish, moderately expensive, casual)
- Carmen de San Miguel (Spanish, highly expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Generalife, Granada Reviews - Write a Review
Must. Visit. If in a relationship and traveling with your significant other :) anyway. Most romantic natural setting and view at sunset - by far probably (at least one of) the most beautiful gardens youll see. 3 sets of couples took their engagement photos here while we were visiting, so you can imagine how beautiful it probably is. Audio guide explanation provided on the gardens and their history too, if you purchase using the Audio guide, so don't miss.
This section of Alhambra is mostly gardens, relatively newer ones, but lovely, with archways of cypress bushes, fountains, flowers, benches, and great views. Incredible gardens, not old like the surrounding buildings, but gorgeous and peaceful. Great views of the main buildings of Alhambra across the raveen. Good place to sit in the shade and rest. The palace here is not noteworthy unless you were not able to bet into the sultan's palaces, then definitely go. It has two beautiful courtyards with water areas, and some nice tile and etxhed plaster work areas.
If you are into historic experiences this is a must. My interest was merely the architectural experience, which was very special. Believe most of the guides do a good job in Spanish and English but with a guide you kind of rush through most of the sites instead of enjoying selective places.
I loved every bit. It was so beautiful. Wish I could go back😩. If you go take plenty of water and snacks with you as there's no where to buy anything. We didn't book a tour which was beneficial to us as we noticed tour guides rushed through the Alhambra. We got to stop and take in the views. Plenty of pictures too. Islamic architecture at its best😍👌
Very beautiful walks throughout the gardens and peaceful place compared to the Alhambra Palace
- Nearby Attractions
- Park Of Sciences
- Oasis Backpackers Hostel
- Ac Palacio De Santa Paula
- Nest Hostel
- Sierra Nevada
- Dehesa Del Generalife
- Hacienda-cortijo Jesus Del Valle
- Granada Sound
- El Maristan De Granada
- Granada Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Granada
- What to See in 48 Hours in Granada
- What to See in 72 Hours in Granada
- How to Spend 5 Days in Granada
- How to Spend 6 Days in Granada
- How to Spend 7 Days in Granada