- Address: 18009 Granada, Spain
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-958027971
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Historical Site, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fountain
Generalife - Review
Though right next to the Alhambra, the Generalife is considered to be a different structure altogether, mostly because it had a different purpose. The Alhambra was a palace that had living quarters and places for the palace business. The Generalife was built in the early 14th century with one purpose, to get away from it all, especially during the hot summer months. Visiting the gardens of the Generalife (which means "gardens of the architect") one can marvel at the sophistication of Arab engineering, ingenuity and architecture. Using primitive hydraulics and a good understanding of physics the Arab rulers built this summer palace with multiple fountains, pools of water and beautiful gardens to really make the spot habitable during the heat. Just perfect to stroll around slowly, taking in the greenery of its many gardens and the cool air from the fountains.
- It is near impossible to obtain a ticket at the counter itself as the lines are very long and they sell out quickly. Buy one beforehand.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking to do.
- Tickets sell out well in advance during tourist season, so plan accordingly.
- Take a long and leisurely stroll in the Gardens, it has some spectacular views of the city of Granada. It takes not more than 2 hours to view it all, but some prefer to make this a 3 to 4 hour stroll with breaks.
- If you are travelling with children the Generalife will provide welcome respite after the Alhambra.
Generalife Ticket Prices
- Given price is for daytime visit to Generalife, Gardens and Alcazaba Fortress for adults.
- Adults: 7 Euros
- Children under 12: Free
- Combo tickets of Alhambra and Generalife is also available. Refer official website for details.
- For timings of Night visit around Nasrid Palace, Gardens and Palace of Generalife please refer official website.
How To reach Generalife by Public Transport
- Bus routes 30 and 34 reach the Alhambra.
- Bus C4 stop Alixares Generalife bus station.
Restaurants Near Generalife
- La Mimbre (Spanish, Reservations, highly expensive, casual)
- Jardines Alberto (Spanish, moderately expensive, casual)
- Carmen de San Miguel (Spanish, highly expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Generalife
95% of people who visit Granada include Generalife in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
57.21% of people start their Generalife visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Generalife
59.8% of people prefer walking in order to reach Generalife
1 View17 Days 16 Nights17 Day Trip to Madrid, Seville, Granada, Barcelona from mumbaiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Madrid, Seville, Granada, Barcelona
Generalife, Granada Reviews
Amazing views of the Alhambra gardens with great places to take pictures of the whole city of Granada. Worth visiting at both day and night as the scene changes completely, and the wildlife that appears is different at separate times of the day. Would recommend to anyone visiting Granada.
Wonderfully beautiful & breathtaking also perfect for any age to visit! Very very interesting!
OMG this place was beautiful. Great view of Alhambra, really nice walking paths through the gardens, fresh air, cool tree tunnel thingies... If I was an artist or a writer or a poet, I'd absolutely go there for inspiration.
I loved this place, the whole complex, but make sure to spend 6-8 hours for the whole Alhambra and the gardens.
The place is very nice, relaxing and very beautiful.. I loved how they take care of the plants and flowers, also I recommend everyone to go there to buy the tickets in early morning