Granada Cathedral Tours
About Granada Cathedral, Granada
Granada is not just home to one of the finest examples of Moorish architecture with the Alhambra; it also has the very first architecture of the Spanish renaissance with the Granada Cathedral. Another interesting fact about the cathedral is that it took a hundred and eighty one years for it to be completed. Guess people were willing to wait much longer back then. But those 181 years resulted in the Granada Cathedral being the unusually beautiful structure it is today. Begun over the site of the city's main mosque with Gothic designs it quickly incorporated the burgeoning Spanish renaissance art into its plans in the mid 16th century. Later, in the 17th century Baroque elements were added, making this cathedral the striking sight it is today. A large cathedral, with a stunning facade and intricate interiors built over a 181 years by multiple famous architects means that this cathedral is steeped in history. So enjoy the architecture and the history lesson, Granada seems to be full of places that offer both!
Granada Cathedral Information
- The Royal Chapel and Mausoleum (Capilla Real) are located nearby, so you could plan your trip with that in mind.
- The 4 Euro entrance fee might seem like a lot but it is worth it, even though the cathedral in Seville is far more impressive. And the architectural style is completely different; don't miss this one because another one is better. No two are the same.
- The audio guide has a tendency to get into specifics and uninteresting trivia, but you always have the option to skip it.
- There are not too many signs and plaques describing things.
- The steps leading up to the cathedral gate are steep.
- Take the audio guide, it will help you understand the long and complicated history of the cathedral.
Granada Cathedral Tickets Prices
- General admission: 4 euros
- Children under 10 and disabled: Free entry
- Groups of over 65 years, students from EU and Spanish students (request by fax): 2.50 euros
- Royal Chapel has a separate entry fee.
How To Get To Granada Cathedral by Public Transport
- Bus LAC stop Catedral bus station.
Restaurants Near Granada Cathedral
- Cunini (Spanish, moderately expensive, casual)
- Via Colon (Spanish / breakfast, inexpensive, casual)
- Restaurante Bar Oliver (Spanish dinner, moderately expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Calle Gran Vía de Colón, 5, 18001 Granada, Spain
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:45 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 13.7K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Granada Cathedral Tickets And Tours
Combine the fascinating history of Nerja and the beautiful scenery of the Tropical Coast on this day trip from Granada. Nerja boasts 10 miles (16 kilometers) of beaches with powdery sand and sparkling clear water. Its most spectacular attraction is undoubtedly the fascinating Caves of Nerja, where you will find archaeological treasures over 20,000 years old.
Visit the unspoiled natural beauty of Las Alpujarras. An area of stunning natural beauty with a delightful climate, Las Alpujarras is dominated by the magnificent rugged peaks of Spain's highest mountain range, the Sierra Nevada. Enjoy lunch at Bubion to Capileira perched above the marvelous Ravine of Poqueira.
Visit the unspoiled natural beauty of Las Alpujarras on a private day trip from Granada. An area of stunning natural beauty with a delightful climate, Las Alpujarras is dominated by the magnificent rugged peaks of Spain's highest mountain range, the Sierra Nevada. Enjoy lunch at Bubion to Capileira perched above the marvelous Ravine of Poqueira.
Combine the fascinating history of Nerja and the beautiful scenery of the Tropical Coast on this private day trip from Granada. Nerja boasts 10 miles (16 kilometers) of beaches with powdery sand and sparkling clear water. Its most spectacular attraction is undoubtedly the fascinating Caves of Nerja, where you will find archaeological treasures over 20,000 years old.
Share your experience - Rate Granada Cathedral, Granada
The Cathedral of Granada is an absolute “MUST SEE” in the city. It is huge and very beautiful. Occupying a big space between few streets it surprises visitors with variety of architectural styles and decorative elements. Each part of the Cathedral reflects the historical period when it was built. The Cathedral is tightly surrounded by very narrow and cozy streets inviting to wonder around. And this is a best thing to do after admiring the beauty of the Cathedral.
Absolutely stunning. I don't really buy into religion, but I can definitely appreciate the architecture. It's a work of art.
Fantastic Cathedral with amazing altarpiece. Great surprise to see a world class collection of paintings including works by Roger van der Weyden and Dieric Bouts which were excellent and a joy to see. Only downside is the audio guide which is a long and monotone drone and it is difficult to work out what the commentator is talking about at anyone time. Otherwise a great place to visit. Brilliant architecture outside too.
This is a beautiful Cathedral and a must see. We came and there was no line. Opt for the audio tour so you can understand more about the history of the Church and background of the artifacts within her.
I am sure you did not come to granada to see this. But it is well worth a visit.
- Other Attractions
- Little Venice
- Rarity Gallery
- Archaeological Museum Of Mykonos
- Matoyianni Street
- Elia Beach
- The Windmills
- Church Of Paraportiani
- Super Paradise Beach
- Ornos Beach
- Panormos Beach
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Budget Hotels Near Little Venice
- Hotels Near Rarity Gallery
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Archaeological Museum Of Mykonos
- 5 Star Hotels Near Matoyianni Street
- 5 Star Hotels Near Elia Beach
- Luxury Hotels Near The Windmills
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Church Of Paraportiani
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Super Paradise Beach
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Ornos Beach
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Panormos Beach
- City Tripplans
- Granada Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Granada from Granada
- Granada Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Granada from Granada
- Granada Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Granada from Granada
- Granada Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Granada from Granada
- Granada Itinerary 6 Days
- Granada Itinerary 4 Days