Granada Cathedral1488 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle Gran Vía de Colón, 5, 18001 Granada, Spain Map
- Timings: 10:45 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-958222959
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Granada is not just home to one of the finest examples of Moorish architecture with the Alhambra; it also has the very first architecture of the Spanish renaissance with the Granada Cathedral. Another interesting fact about the cathedral is that it took a hundred and eighty one years for it to be completed. Guess people were willing to wait much longer back then. But those 181 years resulted in the Granada Cathedral being the unusually beautiful structure it is today. Begun over the site of the city's main mosque with Gothic designs it quickly incorporated the burgeoning Spanish renaissance art into its plans in the mid 16th century. Later, in the 17th century Baroque elements were added, making this cathedral the striking sight it is today. A large cathedral, with a stunning facade and intricate interiors built over a 181 years by multiple famous architects means that this cathedral is steeped in history. So enjoy the architecture and the history lesson, Granada seems to be full of places that offer both!
Granada Cathedral Travel Tips
- The Royal Chapel and Mausoleum (Capilla Real) are located nearby, so you could plan your trip with that in mind.
- The 4 Euro entrance fee might seem like a lot but it is worth it, even though the cathedral in Seville is far more impressive. And the architectural style is completely different; don't miss this one because another one is better. No two are the same.
- The audio guide has a tendency to get into specifics and uninteresting trivia, but you always have the option to skip it.
- There are not too many signs and plaques describing things.
- The steps leading up to the cathedral gate are steep.
- Take the audio guide, it will help you understand the long and complicated history of the cathedral.
Entrance Ticket Details For Granada Cathedral
- General admission: 4 euros
- Children under 10 and disabled: Free entry
- Groups of over 65 years, students from EU and Spanish students (request by fax): 2.50 euros
- Royal Chapel has a separate entry fee.
How to Reach Granada Cathedral
- Bus LAC stop Catedral bus station.
- Cunini (Spanish, moderately expensive, casual)
- Via Colon (Spanish / breakfast, inexpensive, casual)
- Restaurante Bar Oliver (Spanish dinner, moderately expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Granada Cathedral Address: Calle Gran Vía de Colón, 5, 18001 Granada, Spain
- Granada Cathedral Contact Number: +34-958222959
- Granada Cathedral Timing: 10:45 am - 08:00 pm
- Granada Cathedral Price: 4 EUR
- Best time to visit Granada Cathedral(preferred time): 11:30 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Granada Cathedral: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
47.95% of people who visit Granada include Granada Cathedral in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
61.9% of people start their Granada Cathedral visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Granada Cathedral
77.63% of people prefer walking in order to reach Granada Cathedral
People normally club together Plaza Nueva and Alcaiceria while planning their visit to Granada Cathedral.