Granada Cathedral, Granada
About Granada Cathedral, Granada
Granada Cathedral, Granada - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Calle Gran Vía de Colón, 5, 18001 Granada, Spain
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:45 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 13.7K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Granada is not just home to one of the finest examples of Moorish architecture with the Alhambra; it also has the very first architecture of the Spanish renaissance with the Granada Cathedral. Another interesting fact about the cathedral is that it took a hundred and eighty one years for it to be completed. Guess people were willing to wait much longer back then. But those 181 years resulted in the Granada Cathedral being the unusually beautiful structure it is today. Begun over the site of the city's main mosque with Gothic designs it quickly incorporated the burgeoning Spanish renaissance art into its plans in the mid 16th century. Later, in the 17th century Baroque elements were added, making this cathedral the striking sight it is today. A large cathedral, with a stunning facade and intricate interiors built over a 181 years by multiple famous architects means that this cathedral is steeped in history. So enjoy the architecture and the history lesson, Granada seems to be full of places that offer both!
Granada Cathedral Information
- The Royal Chapel and Mausoleum (Capilla Real) are located nearby, so you could plan your trip with that in mind.
- The 4 Euro entrance fee might seem like a lot but it is worth it, even though the cathedral in Seville is far more impressive. And the architectural style is completely different; don't miss this one because another one is better. No two are the same.
- The audio guide has a tendency to get into specifics and uninteresting trivia, but you always have the option to skip it.
- There are not too many signs and plaques describing things.
- The steps leading up to the cathedral gate are steep.
- Take the audio guide, it will help you understand the long and complicated history of the cathedral.
Granada Cathedral Ticket Prices
- General admission: 4 euros
- Children under 10 and disabled: Free entry
- Groups of over 65 years, students from EU and Spanish students (request by fax): 2.50 euros
- Royal Chapel has a separate entry fee.
How To reach Granada Cathedral by Public Transport
- Bus LAC stop Catedral bus station.
Restaurants Near Granada Cathedral
- Cunini (Spanish, moderately expensive, casual)
- Via Colon (Spanish / breakfast, inexpensive, casual)
- Restaurante Bar Oliver (Spanish dinner, moderately expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Granada Cathedral, Granada Reviews - Write a Review
The Cathedral of Granada is an absolute “MUST SEE” in the city. It is huge and very beautiful. Occupying a big space between few streets it surprises visitors with variety of architectural styles and decorative elements. Each part of the Cathedral reflects the historical period when it was built. The Cathedral is tightly surrounded by very narrow and cozy streets inviting to wonder around. And this is a best thing to do after admiring the beauty of the Cathedral.
Amazing cathedral. The very reasonable €5 entry fee gets you a multi-language handset which guides you through your visit. Definitely a must-see while in Granada.
Beautiful architecture, paintings, statues. Very open and light. €5 including an electronic guide
Very light space. Audio guide a bit annoying. My entrance fee by the very well worthwhile Granada Card.
Absolutely stunning. I don't really buy into religion, but I can definitely appreciate the architecture. It's a work of art.
- Nearby Attractions
- Calle Mirador De La Sierra
- Plaza De Las Pasiegas
- Placeta De San Miguel Bajo
- Calle Santa Ana, 16
- Stage Adda
- Tetería Alfaguara
- Av. De La Constitución, 28
- Abuela Ili Chocolate
- Placeta De Los Negros, 5
- Granada Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Granada
- What to See in 48 Hours in Granada
- What to See in 72 Hours in Granada
- How to Spend 5 Days in Granada
- How to Spend 6 Days in Granada
- How to Spend 7 Days in Granada