Plaza NuevaCurrently Open
- Address: Plaza Nueva, Granada, Spain
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Plaza, Architecture
Plazas around the world have a history of their own. As they are open spaces one is right to think that a plazas charm comes from the buildings boxing it in, but not its history. A plaza's history comes from what took place in it. Its central location and space meant that the Plaza Nueva played host to tournaments, games, bullfights and even public executions making it one of the most important areas in the city. Nowadays the plaza is not the scene of such excitements. You can take a stroll around the area which is dotted with fountains and shops. The architecture of the surrounding buildings which are a few hundred years old is amazing to take in. And on a warm day you can settle down at one of their restaurants, grab a beer and get a great view of the Alhambra, preferably when the sun is setting.
- This is also another great place to try tapas and beer.
- Don't be lured in by tourist trap like restaurants or cafes, they tend to be over priced.
- Sit down and take in the great view with a beer or a coffee in your hand.
- Entry is free.
- There are plenty of restaurants and bars lining the streets.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.41% of people who visit Granada include Plaza Nueva in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
32.24% of people start their Plaza Nueva visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Plaza Nueva
55.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Plaza Nueva