Sierra Nevada Ski StationCurrently Open
- Address: Plaza de Andalucía, 4, 18196 Sierra Nevada, Granada, Spain Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:15 pm Details
- Phone: +34-902708090
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Adventure, Ski Resort
Only an hour’s drive from Granada lies the Sierra Nevada Ski Station. And a hundred kilometres away is the Mediterranean coast at Motril, making both snow and sand a possibility on the same day! The slopes of the ski resort are those of Veleta, the third highest peak in Spain. This resort also has the honour of being Europe’s most southernmost ski station. The ski season is not year round, but quite long, lasting from mid/late November to early May. Around 100 km of ski runs are on offer to visitors and 20 lifts to service them. Almost all of the mountain’s slopes can be used for skiing when there is enough snow. Other activities available are toboggans, ski-bikes, an ice rink, mini-skis and a track for wheeled toboggans. Cable cars can take visitors to the top of the Veleta, one stays open even during the summer months.
Sierra Nevada Ski Station Travel Tips
- If you are a beginner you can learn here, they have beginner slopes.
- Enrol in a ski class. Do not attempt to learn by yourself, you will most likely injure yourself.
- Courses are colour coded for difficulty. Stick to your level of difficulty. There are 115 trails (pistes) and 49% of them are for beginners (colour code blue), 40% of them are for intermediates (colour code red) and only 11% for advanced level skiers (colour coded black).
- If you are visiting during the winter or spring months, definitely ski.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sierra Nevada Ski Station
- Prices will vary a lot depending on season, age and timings. Refer official website for details.
Sierra Nevada Ski Station Hours
- Timings vary according to season and weather conditions. Refer official website or call before planning a visit.
How to Reach Sierra Nevada Ski Station
- Rent/hire a car or taxi.
- Ask locally about public buses.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Granada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Granada and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sierra Nevada Ski Station Address: Plaza de Andalucía, 4, 18196 Sierra Nevada, Granada, Spain
- Sierra Nevada Ski Station Contact Number: +34-902708090
- Sierra Nevada Ski Station Timing: 08:30 am - 05:15 pm
- Time required to visit Sierra Nevada Ski Station: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.78% of people who visit Granada include Sierra Nevada Ski Station in their plan
33.33% of people start their Sierra Nevada Ski Station visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Sierra Nevada Ski Station
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sierra Nevada Ski Station
People normally club together Alpujarras and Boutique Hotel En Granada: La Almunia Del Valle while planning their visit to Sierra Nevada Ski Station.