How to Reach Grand Canyon National Park
HOW TO GET TO GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK
- By air: Grand Canyon doesn’t have any airport of its own. Most of the visitors fly either into McCarran International Airport (Las Vegas) or Sky Harbor Airport (Phoenix). Both these airports are half a day’s drive to the South Rim.
- By car: If you are coming by car, the most common way is the south on Arizon Route 64 (AZ64). From there, it is easy to reach South Rim. Else, you can enter South Rim from the east on AZ64. If you are coming from the east, take US 89 south from the Page, AZ. To enter the North Rim, use ALT US 89 to AZ 67. However, this route closed in winter.
- By bus: Commercial bus lines are not available for this national park. However, several tour companies guided tour buses from Phoenix, Las Vegas, Flagstaff and Los Angeles.
- By train: The Grand Canyon Railway offers train rides from the town of Williams to Grand Canyon village. Other than this, Southwest Chief of Amtrak offers train service that runs daily between Chicago and Los Angeles with stops at Williams and Flagstaff.
HOW TO GET AROUND GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK
- Most of the viewpoints and trails in the park either have limited or no parking space. Hence, to travel within the park it is best to go for park shuttle service. It is a free service and runs from before sunrise to after sunset.