Located at the Eggenberg palace, the museum has about 1200 items here that explore Styrian history and culture. The idea was to delve into lifestyles, religions and societal changes in the region. The permanent exhibits are very nicely lit up, so even though the museum is small, it has significant impact. The highlights are:
- Cult Wagon of Strettweg
- Mask of Kleinklein
- Vessels from the princely burials of Großklein and Strettweg
- A Roman silver relief goblet (‘Silberbecher’)
Rather than providing a comprehensive insight, the museum’s aim seems to be to highlight exactly how fragmentary our knowledge of the past.
Archaologiemuseum Travel Tips
- Check out the museum shop.
Entrance Ticket Details For Archaologiemuseum
- For senior citizens, groups of 7+ and disabled : EUR 7
- For Families: EUR 18
- Free for under 6
- For students, military personnel and civil servants: EUR 3
- November to Early January: Guided tours on Sundays and holidays only.
- For more comprehensive details, refer to the attraction website.
How to Reach Archaologiemuseum
- Schloss Eggenberg Tram Stop.
- You may have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.48% of people who visit Graz include Archaologiemuseum in their plan
50% of people start their Archaologiemuseum visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Archaologiemuseum