Grazer Schlossberg, Graz
About Grazer Schlossberg, Graz
Grazer Schlossberg, Graz - Address, Phone Number
Address: Kaiser Franz Josef Kai 38 8010 Graz
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.2K times in trip plans
View Point, Castle, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Hill
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
At 123 metres high, the Castle Hill is the best place in Graz from which to capture 360 degree panoramas. Even better, the closest access to the hill is from the city’s main square. There are three ways to get up there.
The two glass Schlossberglift; room for 15 in each; a 30 second ascent to the top. A century old funicular that takes 4 minutes to climb the hill on a 60 degree inclineA stairway of 260 steps.
The castle made the Guinness Book of World Records for being unconquered. In WWII, a tunnel was dug into the hill to be used as a bomb shelter.
The main highlights are:
- The 900,000 litre rainwater cistern
- The 94 metre deep Turk’s well
- The Stallbastei canon lodge, that once also served as a prison
- The 34 metre high bell tower
- The Thomaskappelle – chaple of St. Thomas
- Citizen’s Bastion
- Bishop’s Chair
- Chinese Pavilion
- The Herberstein Garden
- The Clock Tower
The Elevate Festival is held around the Schlossberg every year.
Grazer Schlossberg Information
- This is a wonderful place for an evening stroll and sunset watching.
- Check out the restaurant on the top.
Grazer Schlossberg Ticket Prices
- The lift charges EUR 1.20 to the top
- EUR 2.20 is the maximum adult prices for the funicular; check the attraction website for possible discounts.
Grazer Schlossberg Opening and Closing Hours
- Sun-Wed: 9am-12am
- Thu-Sat: 9am-2am
How To reach Grazer Schlossberg by Public Transport
- Tram lines 4 and 5 stop at the stops "Schloßbergbahn" and "Schloßbergplatz / Mur Island
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Grazer Schlossberg, Graz Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Stadthalle Graz
- Katholische Kirche Graz-sankt Andrä
- Star Inn Hotel Graz
- Graz Opera
- Museum Für Schlösser, Schlüssel, Kästchen, Kassetten Und Eisenkunstguss
- Admiral Sportwetten
- Pfarre Graz, St. Leonhard
- Efg Falkenhofgasse
- Graz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Graz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Graz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Graz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Graz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Graz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Graz