Grazer SchlossbergCurrently Open
- Address: Kaiser Franz Josef Kai 38 8010 Graz, Austria
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +43-3168873391
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Castle, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Hill
Grazer Schlossberg - Review
At 123 metres high, the Castle Hill is the best place in Graz from which to capture 360 degree panoramas. Even better, the closest access to the hill is from the city’s main square. There are three ways to get up there.
The two glass Schlossberglift; room for 15 in each; a 30 second ascent to the top. A century old funicular that takes 4 minutes to climb the hill on a 60 degree inclineA stairway of 260 steps.
The castle made the Guinness Book of World Records for being unconquered. In WWII, a tunnel was dug into the hill to be used as a bomb shelter.
The main highlights are:
- The 900,000 litre rainwater cistern
- The 94 metre deep Turk’s well
- The Stallbastei canon lodge, that once also served as a prison
- The 34 metre high bell tower
- The Thomaskappelle – chaple of St. Thomas
- Citizen’s Bastion
- Bishop’s Chair
- Chinese Pavilion
- The Herberstein Garden
- The Clock Tower
The Elevate Festival is held around the Schlossberg every year.
Grazer Schlossberg Information
- This is a wonderful place for an evening stroll and sunset watching.
- Check out the restaurant on the top.
Grazer Schlossberg Ticket Prices
- The lift charges EUR 1.20 to the top
- EUR 2.20 is the maximum adult prices for the funicular; check the attraction website for possible discounts.
Grazer Schlossberg Hours
- Sun-Wed: 9am-12am
- Thu-Sat: 9am-2am
How To reach Grazer Schlossberg by Public Transport
- Tram lines 4 and 5 stop at the stops "Schloßbergbahn" and "Schloßbergplatz / Mur Island
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Grazer Schlossberg
95% of people who visit Graz include Grazer Schlossberg in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
54.26% of people start their Grazer Schlossberg visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Grazer Schlossberg
67.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Grazer Schlossberg