About Hauptplatz, Graz
Hauptplatz, Graz - Address
Address: Hauptpl. 1, 8010 Graz, Austria
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.9K times in trip plans
Bar, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Restaurant, Tourist Center, Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Back in the 12th century, this used to be Graz’s main marketplace. It’s area was cut in half when the Renaissance Town House was built. Most of the houses around the square have lovely Renaissance and Gothic facades. A lot of cobbled little alleys lead into the square. You may want to check these out; there are a lot of cafes and bars and restaurants here. There’s almost always something happening at the square – it’s a great place to people watch. Sightseeing wise, you’re here for the atmosphere, which is lively, and also:
- The Graz Town Hall
- The White Moorish House
- The Luegg House
- The Archduke Johann Fountain
- This is one of the only two squares in the city where every tram stops.
Hauptplatz Opening and Closing Hours
- Shops in the square usually shut down by 7pm.
How To reach Hauptplatz by Public Transport
- Tram No 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 14 Hauptplatz/Congress tram stop
- Graz Opernring Bus Stop
- Graz Andreas-Hofer-Platz: Buses 140, 200, 220, 300, 324, 350, 470, 500, 560, 570, 631, 650, 5370.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hauptplatz, Graz Reviews - Write a Review
Historical center with great shops and seightseeing places. Try not to miss excellent street food at St5ndl - Bratwurst with fried onions, ketchup & curry are my favourite 🛍🕶🌭🍺
Beautiful center of the old town very well worth the visit.
this is the view of Graz center from balcony of the second floor of the community office on an october evening in 2017.
Imressive architecture in the heart of Graz
Fabulous place, beautiful buildings, amazing city. It is simply great to be there.
- Nearby Attractions
- Leonhardstraße 114
- Karl-franzens-universität Graz
- Schauspielhaus Graz
- Fachhochschule Joanneum
- Seifenfabrik Veranstaltungszentrum
- Messe Graz
- Graz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Graz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Graz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Graz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Graz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Graz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Graz