How to Reach Graz
The Easiest Way to Reach Graz
- By Air: The Graz Airport is 9km south of the city centre and receives flights from a number of major airlines.
- By Train: Most major Austrian cities are connected to frequent trains from the Hauptbahnhof, west of the city centre. Zurich, Vienna, Zagreb, Slovenia and Hungary are also served.
- By Bus: Though there is no fixed bus terminal, different bus services are offered from different areas around the city. The Eurolines cheaply connects to most of Europe.
- By Car: The A9, A2, S6 highways lead to Graz.
- By Tram: An excellent service. Make sure to get your ticket punched on the ride. Hourly, daily and weekly tickets may purchased from the vending machine using coins.
- By Bus: The network is extensive, and you should get a map of it if you plan to ride a lot of buses.
- By Car: Avoid driving in the city if you can; the one-way traffic system can confuse you. Parking is difficult.
- By Taxi: You can hail a taxi on the street or call one up by phone. Higher rates apply during peak hours.
- By Cycles: Cycling is very popular within the city, and it’s one of the best ways to get around. You can go against the flow for most one-way streets.
Modes of Transportation in Graz
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Graz. The most preferred mode of transport in Graz is Walking.
Average distance: 16.71 km Average time: 36 min
Walking 37.5%Walking 28.33 min Bus 3.33 min Bike 3.33 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 2 kms 36 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.5%Bus 15 min Waiting 5 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 4 kms 22 min
Train/Metro 12.5%Train 80 min Walking 20 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 78 kms 105 min
Bike 25%Bike 18 min Overall average time for 10.35 kms 18 min
Car 12.5%Driving 17 min Overall average time for 25 kms 17 min