- Address: Herrengasse 16, 8010 Graz, Austria
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43316-80179810
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Landeszeughaus - Review
30000 pieces of arms and armoury make up the biggest and most fascinating collection of this kind in Austria, and indeed, the world. Styria between the 15th and 18th centuries used to be in almost constant conflict. This armoury came about from the need to stockpile large quantities of armour and weapons between 1642-1645. As such, this collection is also original. The museum has four levels, each of which is absolutely thrilling - firearms, swords, sabres, polearms, artillery and armours for both men and horses – they have it all. The guides at the place are very knowledgeable, and will be delighted to discuss the collection with you.
- Call and ask the attraction about guided tours in your preferred language.
- Check out the museum shop.
- Fully disabled accessible, apart from the irregular floor in the upper floors.
Landeszeughaus Ticket Prices
- EUR 7 or more for the disabled; groups of 7.
- EUR 3 for students, military personnel and civil servants.
- Free for under 6.
- EUR 18 for families.
- November – March: Tours are guided and with appointment only.
How To reach Landeszeughaus by Public Transport
- Tram No 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 14 Hauptplatz/Congress tram stop
- Graz Opernring Bus Stop
- Graz Andreas-Hofer-Platz: Buses 140, 200, 220, 300, 324, 350, 470, 500, 560, 570, 631, 650, 5370.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Landeszeughaus
56.09% of people who visit Graz include Landeszeughaus in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
46.67% of people start their Landeszeughaus visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Landeszeughaus
88.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Landeszeughaus
Landeszeughaus, Graz Reviews
If you're into medieval weaponry / warfare and have a significant other who possesses the patience of a saint you should totally go here. The Styrian armoury is the largest storehouse of medieval arms and armour in the world, and getting to have an up close experience with some of the really fine artistic details on these pieces is really special. There are no placards explaining what you're looking at (just a little booklet they had you), so maybe invest in either the audio or guided tour depending on how much ice cream you can afford to buy your partner to make up for the time investment.
An interesting museum to stop by, although it's very much a side-visit than a major attraction.
Very cool Amor and weapons, it does not take long to visit. But the amount of them is stunning.
An original armoury where weapons for the defence of Styria were stored until needed. It then transitioned into a museum. The audio guide is a must in order to get best value from your visit. Some unique armour exhibits.
absolutly amazing. no other words