Leechkirche133 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Rittergasse/Zinzendorfgasse 8010 Graz, Austria
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43316-8216830
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Statue, Family And Kids
This is Graz’s oldest Roman Catholic church. They say it was built on the site of a graveyard from the 6th century, but no remains of the grave still exist; it’s suspected that grave robbers are to blame. Roman tiles found on the roof of the rotunda lead scholars to believe that the initial construction of the church was started using the remains of a local Roman house.
It’s main highlight today is:
- The excellent tympanum over the portal – it’s a relief of the Madonna with her child.
- The church’s lovely stained glass windows.
- Late-Baroque high altar
- The Gothic tabernacle from the 1499
- Late Gothic crucifix
Leechkirche Travel Tips
- The church can be a little hard to find. It’s tucked away up a hill, and even its towers aren’t easily made out.
How to Reach Leechkirche
- Buses 200, 220, 250, 300, 350, 470 stop Graz Glacis
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.95% of people who visit Graz include Leechkirche in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75% of people start their Leechkirche visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Leechkirche
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Leechkirche