Schloss Eggenberg, Graz
About Schloss Eggenberg, Graz
Schloss Eggenberg, Graz - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Eggenberg, 8020 Graz, Austria
Ticket Price: 12 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.2K times in trip plans
Church, Museum, Garden, View Point, Walking Area, Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This palace is flamboyant and brilliant. Apparently its architecture and layout are supposed to reflect the universe – they follow a very particular mathematics and allegory. It’s one of the grandest Baroque palaces in Styria. The attraction comprises of three parts:
The Palace Grounds: beautiful geometrical pathways course straight through neat lawns and pretty woods, following Italian and French landscaping styles. You may even sight white and blue peacocks on the grounds. In the northern corner of the grounds is a Planetary Garden. There is also a Lapidarium, where ancient Roman sculptures are exhibited.
The State Rooms: These lavish rooms have been preserved more or less identically to their 17th and 18th century designs, whether in furniture, tapestry or paintings.
The highglights are:
- The Planetary Room – astrology, mythology and other symbolism are united in a complex allegory in this room. It’s one of the best examples of Baroque interiors in the world. Check out the frescoes of the sun and the zodiac signs.
- The Indian Rooms, the Raunacher Rooms.
- The Osaka Folding Screen – a Japanese masterpiece.
- The Rococo Palace church.
Schloss Eggenberg Information
- You’re only allowed in the State house as part of a guided tour.
- Fully disabled accessible.
- Check out the museum shop.
Schloss Eggenberg Ticket Prices
- EUR 9.50 for groups of 7+, senior citizens and the diabled.
- ER 5.50 for students under 27 and civil servants.
- Free for under 6.
- Guided tours are not included in ticket price.
- EUR 2 to visit the gardens.
Schloss Eggenberg Opening and Closing Hours
Guided tours timings:
- April - October, Tue-Sun: at 10am, 11am, 12am and hourly from 2pm-4pm
Park and Gardens:
- April - October: 8am-7pm
- November - March: 8am-5pm
Alte Galerie,Archaeology Museum und Coin Cabinet:
- Wednesday – Sunday: 10am-5pm
- Closed Jan 7th - March
How To reach Schloss Eggenberg by Public Transport
- Schloss Eggenberg Tram Stop You may have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Schloss Eggenberg, Graz Reviews - Write a Review
It's so beautiful and well managed and cared. The gardens are delicious and the inside the castle tour, very interesting
Beautiful palace and park. Great for any kind of portrait photo-session.
Beautiful and big castle. You have to pay to get inside the gardens that will allow you to access the castle.
The park & the castle is nice enough to visit - the real surprise was the collection: great pictures from ca 1100 until 1650, selected with taste.
Beautiful, great place for families !!!
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Villa Rückert
- Freiheitsdenkmal Im Burggarten Der Grazer Burg
- Schlossberglift Graz
- Am Eisernen Tor
- Hotel Ibis Graz
- Auster Sport- Und Wellnessbad Eggenberg
- Graz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Graz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Graz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Graz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Graz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Graz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Graz