Schloss Eggenberg385 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
This palace is flamboyant and brilliant. Apparently its architecture and layout are supposed to reflect the universe – they follow a very particular mathematics and allegory. It’s one of the grandest Baroque palaces in Styria. The attraction comprises of three parts:
The Palace Grounds: beautiful geometrical pathways course straight through neat lawns and pretty woods, following Italian and French landscaping styles. You may even sight white and blue peacocks on the grounds. In the northern corner of the grounds is a Planetary Garden. There is also a Lapidarium, where ancient Roman sculptures are exhibited.
The State Rooms: These lavish rooms have been preserved more or less identically to their 17th and 18th century designs, whether in furniture, tapestry or paintings.
The highglights are:
- The Planetary Room – astrology, mythology and other symbolism are united in a complex allegory in this room. It’s one of the best examples of Baroque interiors in the world. Check out the frescoes of the sun and the zodiac signs.
- The Indian Rooms, the Raunacher Rooms.
- The Osaka Folding Screen – a Japanese masterpiece.
- The Rococo Palace church.
Schloss Eggenberg Travel Tips
- You’re only allowed in the State house as part of a guided tour.
- Fully disabled accessible.
- Check out the museum shop.
Entrance Ticket Details For Schloss Eggenberg
- EUR 9.50 for groups of 7+, senior citizens and the diabled.
- ER 5.50 for students under 27 and civil servants.
- Free for under 6.
- Guided tours are not included in ticket price.
- EUR 2 to visit the gardens.
Schloss Eggenberg Hours
Guided tours timings:
- April - October, Tue-Sun: at 10am, 11am, 12am and hourly from 2pm-4pm
Park and Gardens:
- April - October: 8am-7pm
- November - March: 8am-5pm
Alte Galerie,Archaeology Museum und Coin Cabinet:
- Wednesday – Sunday: 10am-5pm
- Closed Jan 7th - March
How to Reach Schloss Eggenberg
- Schloss Eggenberg Tram Stop You may have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
54.84% of people who visit Graz include Schloss Eggenberg in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
53.19% of people start their Schloss Eggenberg visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Schloss Eggenberg
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Schloss Eggenberg