Uhrturm525 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Schlossberg 8010 Graz, Austria
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Tower, Heritage Building
This 28 metre 13th century clock tower is very dear to the people of Graz. When Napoleon finally took possession of Graz back in the 19th century, he destroyed most of the fort on the Schlossberg, but a heartfelt appeal and a hefty donation from the citizens saved the Clock Tower. Each of the tower’s four faces has its own dial. The tower also has three bells: the hour bell rings every hour; the fire bell is fire warning system from 1645; and the hangdog bell used to ring out executions.
You can of course, climb the tower for a view – red roofs, steel and glass towers, spires and the domes of churches in Graz will keep you very preoccupied.
At the foot of the clock tower and down some stairs, you’ll see the statue of a dog. The legend goes that a dog’s barking saved the emperor's daughter Kunigunde from being kidnapped by the Hungarian King Matthias Corvinus.
Uhrturm Travel Tips
- This is a wonderful place for sunset watching.
Entrance Ticket Details For Uhrturm
- The lift charges EUR 1.20 to the top.
- EUR 2.20 is the maximum adult prices for the funicular; check the attraction website for possible discounts.
- Sun-Wed: 9am-12am
- Thu-Sat: 9am-2am
How to Reach Uhrturm
- Tram lines 4 and 5 stop at the stops "Schloßbergbahn" and "Schloßbergplatz / Mur Island
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.79% of people who visit Graz include Uhrturm in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
35.25% of people start their Uhrturm visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Uhrturm
58.82% of people prefer walking in order to reach Uhrturm