About Uhrturm, Graz
Uhrturm, Graz - Address
Address: Schlossberg 8010 Graz
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.2K times in trip plans
View Point, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Tower, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This 28 metre 13th century clock tower is very dear to the people of Graz. When Napoleon finally took possession of Graz back in the 19th century, he destroyed most of the fort on the Schlossberg, but a heartfelt appeal and a hefty donation from the citizens saved the Clock Tower. Each of the tower’s four faces has its own dial. The tower also has three bells: the hour bell rings every hour; the fire bell is fire warning system from 1645; and the hangdog bell used to ring out executions.
You can of course, climb the tower for a view – red roofs, steel and glass towers, spires and the domes of churches in Graz will keep you very preoccupied.
At the foot of the clock tower and down some stairs, you’ll see the statue of a dog. The legend goes that a dog’s barking saved the emperor's daughter Kunigunde from being kidnapped by the Hungarian King Matthias Corvinus.
- This is a wonderful place for sunset watching.
Uhrturm Ticket Prices
- The lift charges EUR 1.20 to the top.
- EUR 2.20 is the maximum adult prices for the funicular; check the attraction website for possible discounts.
Uhrturm Opening and Closing Hours
- Sun-Wed: 9am-12am
- Thu-Sat: 9am-2am
How To reach Uhrturm by Public Transport
- Tram lines 4 and 5 stop at the stops "Schloßbergbahn" and "Schloßbergplatz / Mur Island
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Graz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Graz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Uhrturm, Graz Reviews - Write a Review
올라갈때는 타는게 편해요 내려올때만 계단 이용하세요
- Nearby Attractions
- Graz Opera
- Museum Für Schlösser, Schlüssel, Kästchen, Kassetten Und Eisenkunstguss
- Admiral Sportwetten
- Pfarre Graz, St. Leonhard
- Efg Falkenhofgasse
- Evangelikal-freikirchliche Gemeinde Falkenhofgasse
- Sankt Johann Und Paul
- Katholische Kirche Graz-sankt Peter
- Pfarramt Thondorf Sankt Christoph
- Graz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Graz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Graz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Graz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Graz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Graz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Graz