Bastille And The Cable Car657 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Quai Stéphane Jay, 38000 Grenoble, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-476443365
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Cable Car, Fort
To break it down in simple terms, the Bastille is a fortress that overlooks Grenoble and the River Isere and the cable car that rises 264 metres from the river to the fortress is one fantastic way to get up there. This nineteen-century fort was a critical political and military focus point. Its history is fascinating enough but today it’s a tourist favourite – visitors all camera toting for the magnificent views over the tiny Alpine city. On a clear day, you can even see Mont Blanc 113 kilometres off. The cable car trip itself is pretty cool – little transparent bubbles take you up and down. The cable car is a city landmark in it’s own way; it’s as big a tourist draw as the Bastille itself, and together the attractions draw roughly 600,000 tourists every year. Two major restaurants cater to all these hungry stomachs.
Some of the other activities you can look into include:
- The Acrobastille:Speleobox (a 120 metre 3D maze), Le Grand Fosse (crossing the for with a zip line), Via Acrobatica, and the Air Bastille (a 300 metre zipline). EUR 15.
- The Mandarin Caves – an underground cave system that gives you much greater insight into the defence of the place. Takes 30 minutes .
- Mount Jalla – find the National Memorial to Troops, about a 30 minute walk up hill from the Bastille.
- TheVia Ferrata – an incredible rock-climb.
- Museum of the Mountain Troops, an excellent multi-lingual audio-guided exhibit. EUR 3. Closed on Mondays.
Bastille And The Cable Car Travel Tips
- Almost completely disabled accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bastille And The Cable Car
- EUR 5.15 one way (lower for reduced fee categories).
- EUR 5.70 forstudents, high school students, large families, war veterans, invalids and carers, TAG subscriber.
- EUR 4.65 for children round trip.
- The cable car can be hailed outside its regular operating hours for exorbitant prices.
Bastille And The Cable Car Hours
- Cable car may be closed for maintenance for sometime in January.
- Closed Mondays October to April.
- Opening and closing times vary greatly by day and month.
How to Reach Bastille And The Cable Car
- By Bus: Stop at the terminus of the bus line 1 or 13 and cross the Garden city.
- Check the Bastille Website for detailed info for how to get there from Grenoble by road.
- Chez le PerGras
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Grenoble before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grenoble and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.13% of people who visit Grenoble include Bastille And The Cable Car in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
86.44% of people start their Bastille And The Cable Car visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Bastille And The Cable Car
65.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bastille And The Cable Car