Bastille And The Cable CarCurrently Closed
- Address: Bastille 38000 Grenoble, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-476449183
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Cave, Landmark, View Point, River, Observatory, Restaurant, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Rock Climbing, Cable Car, Fort, Military Area
Bastille And The Cable Car - Review
To break it down in simple terms, the Bastille is a fortress that overlooks Grenoble and the River Isere and the cable car that rises 264 metres from the river to the fortress is one fantastic way to get up there. This nineteen-century fort was a critical political and military focus point. Its history is fascinating enough but today it’s a tourist favourite – visitors all camera toting for the magnificent views over the tiny Alpine city. On a clear day, you can even see Mont Blanc 113 kilometres off. The cable car trip itself is pretty cool – little transparent bubbles take you up and down. The cable car is a city landmark in it’s own way; it’s as big a tourist draw as the Bastille itself, and together the attractions draw roughly 600,000 tourists every year. Two major restaurants cater to all these hungry stomachs.
Some of the other activities you can look into include:
- The Acrobastille:Speleobox (a 120 metre 3D maze), Le Grand Fosse (crossing the for with a zip line), Via Acrobatica, and the Air Bastille (a 300 metre zipline). EUR 15.
- The Mandarin Caves – an underground cave system that gives you much greater insight into the defence of the place. Takes 30 minutes .
- Mount Jalla – find the National Memorial to Troops, about a 30 minute walk up hill from the Bastille.
- TheVia Ferrata – an incredible rock-climb.
- Museum of the Mountain Troops, an excellent multi-lingual audio-guided exhibit. EUR 3. Closed on Mondays.
Bastille And The Cable Car Information
- Almost completely disabled accessible.
Bastille And The Cable Car Ticket Prices
- EUR 5.15 one way (lower for reduced fee categories).
- EUR 5.70 forstudents, high school students, large families, war veterans, invalids and carers, TAG subscriber.
- EUR 4.65 for children round trip.
- The cable car can be hailed outside its regular operating hours for exorbitant prices.
Bastille And The Cable Car Hours
- Cable car may be closed for maintenance for sometime in January.
- Closed Mondays October to April.
- Opening and closing times vary greatly by day and month.
How To reach Bastille And The Cable Car by Public Transport
- By Bus: Stop at the terminus of the bus line 1 or 13 and cross the Garden city.
- Check the Bastille Website for detailed info for how to get there from Grenoble by road.
Restaurants Near Bastille And The Cable Car
- Chez le PerGras
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Grenoble before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grenoble and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bastille And The Cable Car
95% of people who visit Grenoble include Bastille And The Cable Car in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
86.44% of people start their Bastille And The Cable Car visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Bastille And The Cable Car
65.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bastille And The Cable Car
Bastille And The Cable Car Trips
Bastille And The Cable Car , Grenoble Reviews
Amazing place, with amazing views! You can get to the fort by walking (depending on your condition around 40 minutes of incline paved or dirt paths) or taking the teleferic (around 5€), from the fort you can see the Mont Blanc when is clear. A restaurant Cafe with bathrooms in the fort. But you can also take the road to another pretty restaurant (5 minutes walk) that is on the way to the national memorial for the mountain troops with even higher views of the city (20 more minutes walk)
Great views. Got a bit of adventure activities for anyone with those interests. Can get pretty hot during the summer. May be able to spot Mont Blanc from there on a good Sunny day. Tickets are 9 EUR. Cable car to go up is available or you can hike it up.
Went for a refreshing long walk up the mountain with many hairpin bends. The fort has cable car for going up too. Has a cafeteria and toilets and a fantastic view point. Many other attractions accessible from the park such as an old artificial tunnel and a monument for commemorating soldiers. The monument is another trek up to the very top. Views magnificent of Grenoble and the French alps. Many small paths leading into the greenery can be explored while going to the monument.
Great spot before the sunset! In summertimes good concerts and dance events. Absolutely a must do in Grenoble
Amazing view, many routes to choose from, walk uo in normal clothes or put on the training shoes and run up. Also qu8ck and easy are the bubbles