Bastille And The Cable Car , Grenoble
About Bastille And The Cable Car , Grenoble
Bastille And The Cable Car , Grenoble - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Bastille 38000 Grenoble, France
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 4.3K times in trip plans
Museum, Cave, Landmark, View Point, River, Observatory, Restaurant, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Rock Climbing, Cable Car, Fort, Military Area
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
To break it down in simple terms, the Bastille is a fortress that overlooks Grenoble and the River Isere and the cable car that rises 264 metres from the river to the fortress is one fantastic way to get up there. This nineteen-century fort was a critical political and military focus point. Its history is fascinating enough but today it’s a tourist favourite – visitors all camera toting for the magnificent views over the tiny Alpine city. On a clear day, you can even see Mont Blanc 113 kilometres off. The cable car trip itself is pretty cool – little transparent bubbles take you up and down. The cable car is a city landmark in it’s own way; it’s as big a tourist draw as the Bastille itself, and together the attractions draw roughly 600,000 tourists every year. Two major restaurants cater to all these hungry stomachs.
Some of the other activities you can look into include:
- The Acrobastille:Speleobox (a 120 metre 3D maze), Le Grand Fosse (crossing the for with a zip line), Via Acrobatica, and the Air Bastille (a 300 metre zipline). EUR 15.
- The Mandarin Caves – an underground cave system that gives you much greater insight into the defence of the place. Takes 30 minutes .
- Mount Jalla – find the National Memorial to Troops, about a 30 minute walk up hill from the Bastille.
- TheVia Ferrata – an incredible rock-climb.
- Museum of the Mountain Troops, an excellent multi-lingual audio-guided exhibit. EUR 3. Closed on Mondays.
Bastille And The Cable Car Information
- Almost completely disabled accessible.
Bastille And The Cable Car Ticket Prices
- EUR 5.15 one way (lower for reduced fee categories).
- EUR 5.70 forstudents, high school students, large families, war veterans, invalids and carers, TAG subscriber.
- EUR 4.65 for children round trip.
- The cable car can be hailed outside its regular operating hours for exorbitant prices.
Bastille And The Cable Car Opening and Closing Hours
- Cable car may be closed for maintenance for sometime in January.
- Closed Mondays October to April.
- Opening and closing times vary greatly by day and month.
How To reach Bastille And The Cable Car by Public Transport
- By Bus: Stop at the terminus of the bus line 1 or 13 and cross the Garden city.
- Check the Bastille Website for detailed info for how to get there from Grenoble by road.
Restaurants Near Bastille And The Cable Car
- Chez le PerGras
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Grenoble before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grenoble and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bastille And The Cable Car , Grenoble Reviews - Write a Review
One of the major tourist spot in Grenoble, one that is hard to miss. Spectacular panoramic views of the whole city and the nearby mountains. Don't forget to take a pair of binoculars. The terrace area has lots of information on history of the castle and Grenoble. There is not much to explore in the Castle itself. Some live music and other social events adds to the fun.
Loved the mundane hiking experience. One hour of no-sweat hiking activity that is suitable for the family. View is spectacular.
Having gone to the trouble of taking the cable car to get up here you may well wonder why you bothered. On every visit at least half the place is roped off for a "private function" and the section that isn't is woefully understaffed. As if the management would like everyone not in the private party to bugger off but can't bring themselves to say it. Such a shame as the views are great.
One the famous tourist place with well maintained. We had dinners in here.
Great view of Grenoble Valley and you can the great Alps mountains on a clear day. Take the téléphérique or hike up or down. Great historical sites for those who are War-Buffs
- Nearby Attractions
- Stade Des Alpes
- Gaz Electricité De Grenoble
- Musée De La Résistance Et De La Déportation à Grenoble
- Palais De Justice
- Eglise Saint Louis
- Cci De Grenoble
- Esrf - The European Synchrotron
- Institut Laue-langevin
- Théâtre De Grenoble
- Grenoble Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Grenoble
- What to See in 48 Hours in Grenoble
- What to See in 72 Hours in Grenoble
- How to Spend 5 Days in Grenoble
- How to Spend 6 Days in Grenoble
- How to Spend 7 Days in Grenoble