How to Reach Grenoble
Grenoble-Isere Airport: Catered to by low budget airlines; 40 km from the city.
Lyon Airport: 100 km away;take a TGV train or bus to Grenoble from the airport
Geneva Airport: 150 km away; might offer cheaper entrance than Lyon or Grenoble Isere; take a train or bus to Grenoble from the airport
- A41, Geneva (via Chambery)
- A48, Lyon and Paris
- A49, Valence and Marseille
- A51, Aix-en-Provence
- Regional buses will take you to popular destinations around town quite cheaply.
- Paris-Grenoble: 680km; liked by TGV SNCF trains; 3 hour trip; EUR 70
- Lyon-Grenoble: runs 5.30am – 12.00pm ; about 90 minutes; EUR 20
- Geneva – Grenoble: 2 hours
- Valence – Grenoble: 1 hour
- By Trams and Buses: There are four tramlines in the city (A, B, C and D) that function till about 1.00am. Tickets are about EUR 1.50, but cheaper if brought in bulk. Tickets must be stamped at tram platform or when entering the bus.
- By Bicycle: A flat town, Grenoble is a delight to cycle and cycles can be rented for about EUR 5/day.
- 7.00am – 9.00am and 5.00pm – 6.00pm are rush hours if you’re travelling by car.