How to Reach Grenoble
The Easiest Way to Reach Grenoble
Grenoble-Isere Airport: Catered to by low budget airlines; 40 km from the city.
Lyon Airport: 100 km away;take a TGV train or bus to Grenoble from the airport
Geneva Airport: 150 km away; might offer cheaper entrance than Lyon or Grenoble Isere; take a train or bus to Grenoble from the airport
- A41, Geneva (via Chambery)
- A48, Lyon and Paris
- A49, Valence and Marseille
- A51, Aix-en-Provence
- Regional buses will take you to popular destinations around town quite cheaply.
- Paris-Grenoble: 680km; liked by TGV SNCF trains; 3 hour trip; EUR 70
- Lyon-Grenoble: runs 5.30am – 12.00pm ; about 90 minutes; EUR 20
- Geneva – Grenoble: 2 hours
- Valence – Grenoble: 1 hour
- By Trams and Buses: There are four tramlines in the city (A, B, C and D) that function till about 1.00am. Tickets are about EUR 1.50, but cheaper if brought in bulk. Tickets must be stamped at tram platform or when entering the bus.
- By Bicycle: A flat town, Grenoble is a delight to cycle and cycles can be rented for about EUR 5/day.
- 7.00am – 9.00am and 5.00pm – 6.00pm are rush hours if you’re travelling by car.
Modes of Transportation in Grenoble
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Grenoble. The most preferred mode of transport in Grenoble is Bike.
Average distance: 6.25 km Average time: 21.27 min
Bike 33.33%Bike 14.5 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 4.75 kms 15 min
Car 16.67%Driving 35 min Overall average time for 13 kms 35 min
Walking 25%Walking 11.67 min Tram 3.33 min Waiting 0.67 min Overall average time for 3.9 kms 15.67 min
Tram/Streetcar 16.67%Tram 22.5 min Waiting 3.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 28.5 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Beziers
- How To Reach Brest
- How To Reach Antibes
- How To Reach Biarritz
- How To Reach Mont Saint- Michel
- How To Reach Sanary-sur-mer
- How To Reach La Londe-les-maures
- How To Reach La Seyne-sur-mer
- How To Reach Marseille
- How To Reach Narbonne
- Cities Near Grenoble
- How To Reach Paris
- How To Reach Angers
- How To Reach Tours
- How To Reach Reims
- How To Reach Rennes
- How To Reach Le Mans
- How To Reach Carcassonne
- How To Reach Menton
- How To Reach Amiens
- How To Reach Toulon