How to Reach Grenoble - The Easiest Way to Reach Grenoble
Grenoble-Isere Airport: Catered to by low budget airlines; 40 km from the city.
Lyon Airport: 100 km away;take a TGV train or bus to Grenoble from the airport
Geneva Airport: 150 km away; might offer cheaper entrance than Lyon or Grenoble Isere; take a train or bus to Grenoble from the airport
- A41, Geneva (via Chambery)
- A48, Lyon and Paris
- A49, Valence and Marseille
- A51, Aix-en-Provence
- Regional buses will take you to popular destinations around town quite cheaply.
- Paris-Grenoble: 680km; liked by TGV SNCF trains; 3 hour trip; EUR 70
- Lyon-Grenoble: runs 5.30am – 12.00pm ; about 90 minutes; EUR 20
- Geneva – Grenoble: 2 hours
- Valence – Grenoble: 1 hour
- By Trams and Buses: There are four tramlines in the city (A, B, C and D) that function till about 1.00am. Tickets are about EUR 1.50, but cheaper if brought in bulk. Tickets must be stamped at tram platform or when entering the bus.
- By Bicycle: A flat town, Grenoble is a delight to cycle and cycles can be rented for about EUR 5/day.
- 7.00am – 9.00am and 5.00pm – 6.00pm are rush hours if you’re travelling by car.
Are you looking for a Grenoble travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Grenoble
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Grenoble. The most preferred mode of transport in Grenoble is Bike.
Average distance: 8.11 km Average time: 24.53 min
Bike 31.25%Bike 15.6 min Walking 0.4 min Overall average time for 4.9 kms 16 min
Tram/Streetcar 18.75%Tram 18.33 min Waiting 3 min Walking 2.33 min Overall average time for 5.67 kms 23.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.25%Bus 30 min Train 20 min Waiting 15 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 40 kms 70 min
Walking 25%Walking 16.25 min Tram 2.5 min Waiting 0.5 min Overall average time for 3.55 kms 19.25 min
Car 12.5%Driving 35 min Overall average time for 13 kms 35 min
How to Reach Grenoble from Nearby Cities
|Meylan to Grenoble||18.79 km||18 mins|
|Saint-martin-d'hères to Grenoble||19.54 km||19 mins|
|Eybens to Grenoble||21.24 km||21 mins|
|Échirolles to Grenoble||24.9 km||24 mins|
|Fontaine to Grenoble||28.26 km||28 mins|
|Étable to Grenoble||39.98 km||39 mins|
|Voiron to Grenoble||44.68 km||44 mins|
|Moirans to Grenoble||45.33 km||45 mins|
|Sillingy to Grenoble||86.84 km||1 hour 26 mins|
|Marignier to Grenoble||119.55 km||1 hour 59 mins|