You’d be surprised at how important a museum this is. The collection that graces this museum was begun in 1798, and despite turbulent French history, it has only grown thanks to generous donations and canny aquistions. It’s primarily a municipal museum of fine and modern art. There are about 1500 items in the museum spread out over 57 rooms in exhibits that include:
- Antiquity: Egyptian, Greek and Roman
- 13th to 16th century European painting
- 17th century paintings - French, Flemish, Dutch, Spanish, and Italian painters
- 18th century paintings – many masterpieces
- 19th century paintings – lots of neo-classicism
- 20th century – one of the world’s largest collection of contemporary art.
Visitors particular appreciate how the museum manages to cram so much beauty into so little space, and yet has a magnificent enough lighting schem to give the whole place a spacious and airy feel.
Musee De Grenoble Travel Tips
- 24/7 parking available.
- a.k.a Grenoble Art Museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee De Grenoble
- EUR 5 forSeniors (over 65), families, students (up to 26 years), invalids of war.
- Free on the 1st of every month.
- Free for under 18, unemployed.
Musee De Grenoble Hours
- Library opens at 02.00 pm to 06.00 pm.
How to Reach Musee De Grenoble
- Tram: Line B, stop Notre Dame Museum
- Bus: No. 16,32 stop Notre Dame Museum
- Come Prima
- Cafe La Table Ronde
- Le Cularo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Grenoble before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grenoble and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.29% of people who visit Grenoble include Musee De Grenoble in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
45.61% of people start their Musee De Grenoble visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Musee De Grenoble
52.94% of people prefer walking in order to reach Musee De Grenoble