Musee De Grenoble, Grenoble
About Musee De Grenoble, Grenoble
Musee De Grenoble, Grenoble - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 5 Place de Lavalette, 38000 Grenoble, France
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.5K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Art Gallery, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
You’d be surprised at how important a museum this is. The collection that graces this museum was begun in 1798, and despite turbulent French history, it has only grown thanks to generous donations and canny aquistions. It’s primarily a municipal museum of fine and modern art. There are about 1500 items in the museum spread out over 57 rooms in exhibits that include:
- Antiquity: Egyptian, Greek and Roman
- 13th to 16th century European painting
- 17th century paintings - French, Flemish, Dutch, Spanish, and Italian painters
- 18th century paintings – many masterpieces
- 19th century paintings – lots of neo-classicism
- 20th century – one of the world’s largest collection of contemporary art.
Visitors particular appreciate how the museum manages to cram so much beauty into so little space, and yet has a magnificent enough lighting schem to give the whole place a spacious and airy feel.
Musee De Grenoble Information
- 24/7 parking available.
- a.k.a Grenoble Art Museum.
Musee De Grenoble Ticket Prices
- EUR 5 forSeniors (over 65), families, students (up to 26 years), invalids of war.
- Free on the 1st of every month.
- Free for under 18, unemployed.
Musee De Grenoble Opening and Closing Hours
- Library opens at 02.00 pm to 06.00 pm.
How To reach Musee De Grenoble by Public Transport
- Tram: Line B, stop Notre Dame Museum
- Bus: No. 16,32 stop Notre Dame Museum
Restaurants Near Musee De Grenoble
- Come Prima
- Cafe La Table Ronde
- Le Cularo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Grenoble before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grenoble and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee De Grenoble, Grenoble Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Boulangerie J.m. Coste
- Departmental Committee Tourism Isere
- Abimes Concept
- Boulangerie Le Fournil Notre Dame
- Paroisse Saint Jean Xxiii
- Troisieme Bureau
- Live Escape
- Association Scalene
- Grenoble Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Grenoble
- What to See in 48 Hours in Grenoble
- What to See in 72 Hours in Grenoble
- How to Spend 5 Days in Grenoble
- How to Spend 6 Days in Grenoble
- How to Spend 7 Days in Grenoble