Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors298 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 255 Chemin des Fusillés, 38250 Lans-en-Vercors, France, Grenoble
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +33-476943826
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids
A massif of mountains and plateaus, the park is one France’s most beautiful landscapes. Whether you go there to spelunk, hike, ski or climb, or simply drive through its roads, you’ll quickly realise that this is unlike any other place you’ve been to before. The twisting, climbing roads have an otherworldliness to it, something you have to be careful to not let affect you (the drive can be treacherous at times). There a number of charming villages along the road.
The park is broadly divided into three area:
- The Coulmes: Which is the most forested, most plateaud.
- The Northen Plateaus (Quatre Montagnes) – most popular with tourists for skiing. There are four villages ehre - Autrans, Méaudre, Lans and Villard de Lans, that still maintain a very traditional mountain lifestyle.
- The Western Plateaus (Vercos Dromois) – numerous in number, but smaller in size, these plateaus offer spectacular vistas of plains, mountains and canyons.
Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors Travel Tips
- There are cyclists on the road – be careful of them.
- Fuel up before you head out – gas stations are in short supply.
- Food stops may be found at the various villages.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Grenoble before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grenoble and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.69% of people who visit Grenoble include Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
80.65% of people start their Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors