Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors, GrenobleCurrently Open
- Address: Parc Naturel Regional du Vercors, France, Grenoble
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Family And Kids
About Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors, Grenoble
A massif of mountains and plateaus, the park is one France’s most beautiful landscapes. Whether you go there to spelunk, hike, ski or climb, or simply drive through its roads, you’ll quickly realise that this is unlike any other place you’ve been to before. The twisting, climbing roads have an otherworldliness to it, something you have to be careful to not let affect you (the drive can be treacherous at times). There a number of charming villages along the road.
The park is broadly divided into three area:
- The Coulmes: Which is the most forested, most plateaud.
- The Northen Plateaus (Quatre Montagnes) – most popular with tourists for skiing. There are four villages ehre - Autrans, Méaudre, Lans and Villard de Lans, that still maintain a very traditional mountain lifestyle.
- The Western Plateaus (Vercos Dromois) – numerous in number, but smaller in size, these plateaus offer spectacular vistas of plains, mountains and canyons.
Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors Information
- There are cyclists on the road – be careful of them.
- Fuel up before you head out – gas stations are in short supply.
Restaurants Near Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors
- Food stops may be found at the various villages.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Grenoble before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grenoble and book an accommodation of your choice.
Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors, Grenoble Reviews
Always remarkable! Always surprised by it's beauty! The rock formations often times are unreal and almost look like from California. Love it, no matter whether in summer for trail running or in winter for XC Ski!
We went climbing on the cliff of Presles, one of the most beautiful cliff in the area for multi-pitch climbing. There are a huge amount of route for all levels. Definitely worse a visit!
Amazing place! We skied in Lans en Vercors and it was a great experience. Very cheap, not crowded and extremely beautiful. Must be great also for trekking
Wonderful secluded landscapes. You can opt for day hikes from one of the entrance points of the natural reserve, or go all in and sleep in the park. With option 1, be ready for a challenging 1hour climb up the mountain to get inside the park, and the same going down. Option 2 offers more freedom but you'll have to take your sleeping gear (tent, etc) with you, plus the food for multiple days. Even in summer it can get cold at night (close to freezing). There are water points but, like the paths, it sometimes take a little guessing to figure them out. You will enjoy it more if you come prepared but it's totally worth it. On most days we ran across 15 hikers max, the rest was pure nature with beautiful and varied landscapes.
Stunning, awe-inspiring scenery at les gorges d'Ombleze.