Parc Naturel Regional Du VercorsCurrently Open
- Address: Parc Naturel Regional du Vercors, France, Grenoble
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Family And Kids
Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors - Review
A massif of mountains and plateaus, the park is one France’s most beautiful landscapes. Whether you go there to spelunk, hike, ski or climb, or simply drive through its roads, you’ll quickly realise that this is unlike any other place you’ve been to before. The twisting, climbing roads have an otherworldliness to it, something you have to be careful to not let affect you (the drive can be treacherous at times). There a number of charming villages along the road.
The park is broadly divided into three area:
- The Coulmes: Which is the most forested, most plateaud.
- The Northen Plateaus (Quatre Montagnes) – most popular with tourists for skiing. There are four villages ehre - Autrans, Méaudre, Lans and Villard de Lans, that still maintain a very traditional mountain lifestyle.
- The Western Plateaus (Vercos Dromois) – numerous in number, but smaller in size, these plateaus offer spectacular vistas of plains, mountains and canyons.
Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors Information
- There are cyclists on the road – be careful of them.
- Fuel up before you head out – gas stations are in short supply.
Restaurants Near Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors
- Food stops may be found at the various villages.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Grenoble before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grenoble and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors
95% of people who visit Grenoble include Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
82.11% of people start their Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors
Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors Map
Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors Trips
Parc Naturel Regional Du Vercors, Grenoble Reviews
This park is breathtaking! Near the Alps but so much less known. The hike to Grand Veymont, highest point of the region, is not difficult and absolutely amazing. It offers stunning views on the summit and the hike itself is also very interesting. Highly recommended!
Really great place. I do speleology and this is a paradise for us but it's good for hiking too. And let's not forget the French food and vine.
If you get the right weather this is a great destination. Very green, tons of trees surrounded by clouds, stunning views and food all around. End of June early July is best for flowers and weather. Plenty of activity, in particular hiking.
Must visit. There is tons to do. Walking, cycling, driving etc. Caves to visit, memorials, coffee shops and quaint towns.
Go visit the goat farmer! Marvelous cheese and great tour.