Shantytown Heritage Park9 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rutherglen Road, Paroa, Greymouth 7805, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-37626634
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
Get transported back in time at the Shantytown Heritage Park, a charming gold mining town. The heritage attraction was inspired by the West Coast gold rush during the 1860’s and has recreated over 30 historic monuments. Entry ticket includes a short steam engine ride after which you can try your luck panning for real gold! Watch an exclusive holograph show and see a fully functional saw mill like from the old days. The Chinatown exhibition on the history of Chinese Gold miners should not be missed. Other fun things to do include, taking a vintage photograph taken by a photographer, a short rain-forest walk and the new Foundry experience. There’s also a specialty Café and a playground area for children.
More about Greymouth
Use Greymouth trip planner to visit Shantytown Heritage Park and many others to your visit.
Add comfortable hotels to your plan, choose from the recommended hotels in Greymouth like Neptunes Backpackers, Yha Greymouth and Duke Hostel.
Draft the best Greymouth vacation packages using ideal templates offered by TripHobo. Also explore how to reach Greymouth on the go!
- Shantytown Heritage Park Address: Rutherglen Road, Paroa, Greymouth 7805, New Zealand
- Shantytown Heritage Park Contact Number: +64-37626634
- Shantytown Heritage Park Timing: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
Shantytown Heritage Park Reviews & Ratings
Must I purchase a ticket to Shantytown to explore if I just want to explore the shops?Answer Report Abuse
I think you will need to purchase a basic ticket that includes Shantytown Experience. I would suggest checking the official website of this heritage park to make sure which things are included in the tickets.Report Abuse