Visit Grindavik - Best of Grindavik
Grindavik is a beautiful fishing town in the Southern Peninsula of Iceland. The landscape of the lava fields right beside the Atlantic Ocean will keep you absolutely spellbound. A charming community of fisherfolks and their families, Grindavik is an important harbour port in the nation and one of the top fishing industry townships. So it goes without saying, that this will be nothing less of a haven for those who crave for fresh seafood. The restaurants here will provide an authentic Scandinavian cuisine, made from absolutely fresh ingredients.
With the unique geology of the town, Grindavik is home to one of Iceland's top attraction, the Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa. Along with the spa, Grindavik offers a lot of other activities like hiking and camping on the vast stretch lava fields. You can get as adventurous as you want, by going on trails across the land around the town, on quad bikes or bicycles.
If history is your thing, then go on historic trails on horse-back, and walk back in time with the glorious past of this important fishing town. And if it is the Earth's history you need to learn more about, Grindavik will provide you the opportunity to delve into the secrets of the planet.
All in all, this quaint town, has something for every kind of traveller.
Grindavik Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Grindavik tips for your visit
- Time Zone- UTC + 00:00
- Currency- Icelandic krona
- Electricity and Internet- 220-240 Volts of electricity output. 4G and 3G mobile services are commonly in Grindavik. High speed Broadband services are available at most hotels.
- Languages- While the Icelandic language is the official language, English and Danish are widely spoken in Grindavik.
- Security- 112 is the emergency number. Also, child protection laws are very strict in the whole of Iceland.
- Tipping- Although it isn't compulsory, tipping is appreciated in Grindavik.
- Customs- Open public showers are very common at the Blue Lagoon.
Are you looking for a Grindavik travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Grindavik Tourist Information
Popular Hotels in GrindavikView all Hotels in Grindavik
Facts and Stats for Grindavik*
Cost for Essentials in Grindavik
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Grindavik
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.19 USD
International Movie per seat 13.67 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 91.74 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 169.72 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 100.92 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.