Blue Lagoon990 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 240 Grindavík, Iceland, Grindavik
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +354-4208800
- Ticket Price: 7027 ISK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Restaurant, Spa, Family And Kids
One of Iceland's top attraction is the Blue Lagoon. A geothermal spa in the fishing town of Grindavik, Blue Lagoon is a man-made wonder. Considered as one of the top spas in the world, you are guaranteed to experience an unforgettable treatment that will rejuvenate your senses completely. This mineral-rich lagoon holds about 9000 million litres of geothermal water, that originates from 2000 metres deep inside the earth. The water is pleasantly warm at temperature between 37 degrees to 39 degrees Celcius, and remains the same throughout the year. Although, the same cannot be told about the air around, so be prepared for frozen hair, if you're brave enough to take a dip in the winters. The milky blue water here is literally miraculous. It is loaded with Silica, algae and minerals and works wonders on your skin. And the best part about this magic water, it is self-cleansing. So you don't need to worry in bathing in somebody else's muck, as the water cleans up itself every 40 hours. With the geological wonder around the lagoon, you can also go explore the lava field itself. And if you're appetite needs to be whetted, gorge on some authentic and traditional gourmet food, in restaurants overlooking the lagoon. Now that is nature at its best for you!
Blue Lagoon Travel Tips
- Guests are allowed to stay in the lagoon for 30 minutes after closing.
- If you arrive without a pre-booked ticket, you are likely to miss out.
- Blue Lagoon does not permit children below 2 years.
- Children and teenagers from 2 to 16 years old must be escorted by guardians while visiting the Blue Lagoon.
- Stay hydrated
- Use conditioner
- Remove the jewellery
- Skip the goggles
- Bring sunglasses
Entrance Ticket Details For Blue Lagoon
- The given ticket price is for summer standard packages, for online booking.
- Winter: 40 Euros for standard package.
- Teenagers: 25 Euros
- Children: Free
- If you’d like to see the lagoon and explore the site, but you aren’t sure if you want to bathe, then you can get a visitor oass for 10 Euros that has to be paid on the spot.
- For more packages and prices, visit official website.
How to Reach Blue Lagoon
- Rent a car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Grindavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Grindavik and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Grindavik include Blue Lagoon in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
27.4% of people start their Blue Lagoon visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Blue Lagoon
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blue Lagoon