La Maison Du GruyereCurrently Closed
- Address: Place de la Gare 3, 1663 Pringy-Gruyères, Switzerland, Gruyeres
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-269218400
- Ticket Price: 7 CHF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Factory
La Maison Du Gruyere - Review
Cheese is one thing which we all love to eat and what can be better than getting a chance to witness how Gruyere cheese is being produced and you get to taste some of it too which is free of cost. It is paradise for cheese lovers. The hosts are very friendly and this makes the whole experience all the merrier. The guided tour helps you in understanding all the intricacies. The restaurant and the shop outside offer you a nice place to sit and enjoy your cup of coffee with the favorite cheese.
La Maison Du Gruyere Ticket Prices
- Adult: Swiss Francs 7 / 6.36 €
- Student (from 12 years old), Senior citizen: Swiss Francs 6/ 5.45 €
- Family rate (2 adults + children up to age 12): Swiss Francs 12/ 10.91 €
- For groups of 10 people or more: Swiss Francs 6 per person/ 5.45 €
La Maison Du Gruyere Hours
- Cheese making timetable:From 9 am to 11 am and from 12.30 pm to 14.30 pm daily. Seasonal timings apply.
- Exhibition: From June to September: 9 am to 7 pm
- From October to May: 9 am to 6 pm
- Last entrance: 30 minutes before closing
- Marche Gruerien: From June to September: 7.30 am to 7 pm
- From October to May: 7.30 am to 6.30 pm
- Restaurant: From June to September:
- Monday to Saturday: 7.30 am to 8 pmSunday: 8.00 am to 8 pm
- From October to May: Monday to Saturday: 7.30 am to 7 pm
- Sunday: 8.00 am to 7 pm
- Special Opening hours: 24th, 25th and 31st December and 1st January:
- Exhibition from 10 am until 4 pmGruyere cheese-making from 10 am until 11 amRestaurant and Marché gruérien : from 8 am to 4 pm (01.01.-02.01. to 6 pm)
How To reach La Maison Du Gruyere by Public Transport
- Bus 60 to stop –Gruyeres
- Commuter Trains S60 to stop -Gruyeres
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gruyeres before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gruyeres and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting La Maison Du Gruyere
95% of people who visit Gruyeres include La Maison Du Gruyere in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
33.33% of people start their La Maison Du Gruyere visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see La Maison Du Gruyere
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Maison Du Gruyere
La Maison Du Gruyere Trips
La Maison Du Gruyere, Gruyeres Reviews
A fun tour, but difficult to do with a large group. The audio guide came in many languages and was cute as cherry the cow taught you about cheese. The videos were good, but we didn't realize the audio went with them until we were halfway though, so we missed some info! They did a nice job of sharing facts in info graphics to make it easy to understand. We enjoyed a sample of the cheese aged 6 months, 8 months and 10 months and had fun discussing the differences especially after we understood the process! 😊
The restaurant has good food, coffee and ice cream. It was very, very busy but the waitress remained pleasant. Sorry, I ate the food so fast I forgot to take a picture :-)...shall I recommend the Cordon Bleu with Gruyere cheese...wonderful! The tour of the factory is a model factory so don’t expect to see cheese making in process. Informative audio tour in multiple languages. The gift and cheese shop gets very busy and crowded but a nice selection of smalls for gifts.
Nice to see all the process. I would suggest to avoid a bigger team for the tour as you miss the charm. Must place in the bucket list for any cheese lovers. The cheese there tastes heavenly. You need to pay little at the entrance as entrance fee. Everyone will surely enjoy it as its of great fun. I would also recommend to visit the castle nearby along with the factory visit.
Tour is just listening to an audio guide and walking around looking at pictures. There is one video of the production process. The rest of the things shown are not very informative or interesting. The audio guide seems to be designed for children and is also not very descriptive. The pictures posted are old and fading. At the beginning of the tour they give you a sample of three cheese slices to taste the difference in the aging process.
Great place. Highly recommended to visit if you are nearby. Watch real life cheese production and enjoy cheese tasting. Be prepared to leave with a lots of goodies from local shop. Restaurant here is a bit chaotic but food is great and service very friendly. I can't figure out any negatives. Paradise for cheese lovers.