Guangxiao TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: No. 109 Guangxiao Road, Guangzhou, China
- Timings: 06:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 020-81088867
- Ticket Price: 1 CNY
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
Guangxiao Temple located on Guangxiao Road is an old and important Buddhist sanctuary in Guangzhou in the Guangdong territory in China. It is also known as Bright Filial Piety Temple and was called so in ancient times. It belonged to Prince Zhao Jiande of the Nanyue Kingdom who was from the Western Han Dynasty. The sanctuary was constructed by an Indian friar in the Eastern Jin Dynasty. The present sanctuary, spans across thirty one thousand square meters, dates from the Qing Dynasty.
The sanctuary has an imperative place in Buddhist history as Huineng of the Zen Buddhist faction was a friar here in the seventh century. The Sixth Patriarch Hall in the sanctuary upholds the memory of Huineng, who is, recognized as the most powerful friar in the history of Chinese Buddhism. In the sanctuary there is a pagoda where Huineng was initiated into monkhood. Other old structures in the sanctuary are the Samgharama Hall, Sakyamuni Hall, two iron towers, and the King of Heaven Hall. This is one of the first locations that you should go to because of the beautiful sights and sounds that surround the temple. It will help you get a feel of Guangzhou. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Guangzhou itinerary 5 days.
- Be careful about the tickets you purchase and make sure they are from a reliable source.
- You can purchase incense for 3 yuan to offer at the temple.
- Take Guangzhou subway line to Ximenkou Station. Then get out from Exit C.
- Take bus 74, 85, 88, 102, 104, 107, 193, 233, 250, 286 or Tourism Bus Line 1 and get down at Ximenkou (Zhongshan Liulu) Station.
- Le Saint Tropez French Restaurant and Bar
- Chicken Express
- Chez Max etc.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Guangzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Guangzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.62% of people who visit Guangzhou include Guangxiao Temple in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
40% of people start their Guangxiao Temple visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Guangxiao Temple
91.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Guangxiao Temple