How to Reach Guilin - The Easiest Way to Reach Guilin
- By Air: Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Osaka and Seoul serve flights to Guilin’s Liangjiang International Airport (KWL) on daily basis. You can get to the city centre from the airport by hiring a taxi and there are shuttle buses available as well.
- By Train: Guilin has two railway stations namely Guilin Station (Guilin Zhan) and Guilin North Station (Guilin Bei Zhan). There are trains to Guilin from major Chinese cities like Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Kunming, Nanning and Chengdu.
- By Bus: There are frequent buses to Nanning, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai from the Guilin bus terminal on Zhongshan Nanlu.
- By Boat: You can get to Guilin by boat Guangzhou via Wuzhou.
- By Car: There are expressways within the province, but hiring a car is not recommended by Guilin Travel guide as the two lane roads are not feasible for long distance journey.
- On Foot: While Guilin is a small city for China, it is still large enough that walking is only a good option for moving round a particular site, rather than getting to one.
- By Bus: Buses are going to be difficult for travellers who don't speak and read Mandarin, though the tourist map will help determine which bus goes where. Look out particularly for the Number 58 bus which runs from the central station and covers much of the tourist spots on its route.
- By Taxi: Taxis are a good option anywhere in China, and are relatively cheap compared to the West. Make sure you have your travel spots written down in Mandarin though, as drivers won't speak English.
Are you looking for a Guilin travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Guilin from Nearby Cities
|Guangzhou to Guilin||342.16 km||5 hours 42 mins|
|Xi'an to Guilin||369.57 km||6 hours 9 mins|
|Shenzhen to Guilin||434.04 km||7 hours 14 mins|
|Central district police service centre to Guilin||447.3 km||7 hours 27 mins|
|Hong kong to Guilin||448.58 km||7 hours 28 mins|
|Kowloon city to Guilin||450.87 km||7 hours 30 mins|
|Wuhan to Guilin||499.04 km||8 hours 19 mins|
|Nanchang to Guilin||641.15 km||10 hours 41 mins|
|Jieyang to Guilin||680.2 km||11 hours 20 mins|