Gulf Shores Tourism, Alabama
Visit Gulf Shores - Best of Gulf Shores
One of the prominent cities in Baldwin County, Alabama, United States, Gulf Shores offers you an idea of a perfect beach vacation. White powdery sand beaches and an exotic feel with a laid-back vibe make Gulf shores one of the most popular weekend beach destinations in USA. It is a perfect family destination and kids would love to here. As for romantic couples, this place is a haven as they can just laze around sitting and lying down under the benign sun. Once a small fishing community, Gulf shores saw its share of attention in the late 90s and this was the time when the city had cottages, tourist motels, family owned grocery stores and restaurants.
From dolphin cruises to historic attractions to vast natural corners, Gulf shores has everything to boast of. The city remains abuzz with a plethora of festivals that add a vibrant touch to the place. From wine and seafood festivals to Mardi Gras on the beach, Gulf Shores is sure to have a festival you are looking out for. Fishing and hunting are popular sports around Gulf Shores.
Further, the city offers a haven for “snowbirds” who come here in the winter months and reside for three to five months as winter turns to spring and then return to their northern homes the rest of the year. And in the summers, you will the city turning its colour with tourists flocking in hordes. Thus, the city is an ultimate destination for people who are in love with leisure vacations.
Gulf Shores Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Gulf Shores tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Central Time Zone, UTC-06:00
- Currency: Currency used in Gulf Shores is United States Dollar (USD)
- Electricity: Electric power is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. 220 Volt power is used in homes only for large appliances like stoves, water heaters and clothes dryers. If you bring any electrical appliance to the USA, you may need an adaptor to fit the US electrical receptacles. You may also need a converter to change the voltage from 110 volts to 220 volts.
- Internet: Most of the hotels in Gulf Shores provide 3G and 4G internet connections for its visitors. There are cyber cafes also for the internet users.
- Languages: Language spoken in Gulf Shores is English.
- Security: Emergency: Dial 911 Police: +1 251-968-2431, Medical Centre: +1 251-962-1250
- Tipping: Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered in Gulf Shores.
- It is unlawful for someone under the age of 19 to purchase, use, possess or transport tobacco or tobacco products.
Are you looking for a Gulf Shores travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Gulf Shores- Know before you go to Gulf Shores
Gulf Shores Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Gulf Shores
Gulf Shores Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Gulf Shores
Saltwater Kayak Fishing Adventure New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
While in the Gulf shores area, come experience the thrill of saltwater fishing on a guided, small-group, 4-hour excursion. Ha...Book Now
Orange Beach Saltwater Fishing Charter New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Gulf Island Charters offers 4 and 5 hour saltwaterfishing charters for family and friends. These trips are great for children...Book Now
Singing Impressions Variety Show by Brandon Styles in Orange Beach New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs
Brandon Styles delivers a variety performance that showcases nearly 60 singing & speaking impressions, comedy, dance, mag...Book Now
Orange Beach Waverunner Dolphin Tour 3 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Go on a dolphin sightseeing tour that gets you up close and personal with dolphins and other marine wildlife! Our small group...Book Now
- Dauphin Island Tourism
- Biloxi Tourism
- Destin Tourism
- Panama City Beach Tourism
- Sweet Water Tourism
- New Orleans Tourism
- Toomsuba Tourism
- Prentiss Tourism
- Hope Hull Tourism
- Hahnville Tourism
- Sawyerville Tourism
- Mount Airy Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- San Jose Tourism
- Saint Louis Tourism