How to Reach Gulmarg,
The Easiest Way to Reach Gulmarg
HOW TO GET TO GULMARG
- By Air : The nearest airport is at Srinagar (almost 60 kilometres) away from the city. Prepaid Cabs and shared Taxis are available from the airport to Gulmarg.
- By Train : The nearest Train station is at Jammu which is well connected to the major cities in India.
- By Taxi : Shared Taxi from Srinagar and Tangmarg are commonly preferred.
HOW TO GET AROUND GULMARG
- By Taxi : Taxis are the most preferred way of getting around Gulmarg in winters.
- By Walking : Gulmarg is a small city and can be easily covered on foot provided you are visiting in Summer. In winters, walking around the city will take hours because of the snow.
- By hand-driven sledges : Even though hand driven sledges slow you down, it is still an experience where you can truly admire the city. The sledges support the locals to make a living too.
- By riding a Pony : Tourists riding ponies is not an uncommon sight in Gulmarg and most of the guides will insist on it even though it is not preferred.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Gulmarg and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!