How to Reach Gulmarg
HOW TO GET TO GULMARG
- By Air : The nearest airport is at Srinagar (almost 60 kilometres) away from the city. Prepaid Cabs and shared Taxis are available from the airport to Gulmarg.
- By Train : The nearest Train station is at Jammu which is well connected to the major cities in India.
- By Taxi : Shared Taxi from Srinagar and Tangmarg are commonly preferred.
HOW TO GET AROUND GULMARG
- By Taxi : Taxis are the most preferred way of getting around Gulmarg in winters.
- By Walking : Gulmarg is a small city and can be easily covered on foot provided you are visiting in Summer. In winters, walking around the city will take hours because of the snow.
- By hand-driven sledges : Even though hand driven sledges slow you down, it is still an experience where you can truly admire the city. The sledges support the locals to make a living too.
- By riding a Pony : Tourists riding ponies is not an uncommon sight in Gulmarg and most of the guides will insist on it even though it is not preferred.