Damdama LakeCurrently Closed
- Address: Delhi Office: 203, 13, Veer Savarkar Block, Shakarpur, Delhi 110092; Indirapuram Office: 14 B, Niho Mall, Near Delhi Public School, Ahinsa Khand 2, Indirapuram Delhi NCR, Gurgaon, India
- Timings: 11:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9953423776
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Waterfront, Adventure, Adventure Sport, Lake, Rock Climbing, Boating, Picnic Spot
Damdama Lake - Review
Spread across a massive area spanning 3,000 acres, the Damdama Lake is a well-known reservoir in Sohna, part of the Gurgaon district in Haryana. It is also among the largest lakes in Haryana and offers spectacular views of the picturesque and serene surroundings that form the perfect setting for a relaxing day out.
The formation of the lake can be dated back to 1947 when the British commissioned the construction of a stone and earthen dam to harvest rain water. The lake is mainly fed by the rain that accumulates during the monsoon season. The normal level of the lake is around 20 feet; however, during the monsoons, it reaches heights of up to 50-60 ft. An ancient Shiva temple, hot springs and a tourist complex are some of the nearby places of interest.
The Dream Island adventure resort is the main highlight of the area as it is located right in the heart of the lake. A host of migratory birds can be found here during the summer, monsoon and winter seasons. Guests may just catch sight of a peacock or two during their visit. Known for its picnic spots, one can indulge in boating as there are paddle, motor and row boats available for visitors.
Damdama Lake is also well-known for its adventure sports including kayaking, angling, rock climbing and valley crossing, among others. A nature walk could also interest tourists who want to explore the region further. With so much on offer, there is never a dull moment when one chooses to visit Damdama Lake.
Damdama Lake Information
- Other Contact number is +91-7838348955, +91-9212461776, +91-9582555629.
- Ensure that a guide is always at hand to answer queries.
- Ask for a life jacket when indulging in the various adventure sports on offer.
- Children are to be safeguarded and monitored at all times to avoid accidents.
- Recommended time to visit: October-March.
- Recommended duration of visit: Spend 5-6 hours or an overnight stay.
Damdama Lake Ticket Prices
- Water Park Picnic: INR 750 per person.
- Picnic at Damdama Lake: INR 650 per person.
- Day Picnic Package Island Resort: INR 950 per person.
- Night Island Resort Package: Package Cost: A.C. Rooms: Rs.3000 per person per night.
- Rates of Non A.C Rooms (with Air Cooler): Family rate: Rs.2000 + 12.5% Taxes per person (Twin Sharing Basis).
- Group rate: Rs.1700 + 12.5% Taxes per person (Twin Sharing Basis). Rs.1600 + 12.5% Taxes per person (Triple Sharing Basis). Rs.1500 + 12.5% Taxes per person (Quad Sharing Basis).
- Cancellation Policy: 10% of the total booking amount charged if Cancelled 2 Weeks prior the trip. 50% of the total booking amount charged if Cancelled 1 Week prior the trip. 75 % total booking amount charged if cancelled less than 1 week of travel. 100 % total booking amount if booking cancelled less than 2 days of check in or NO SHOW.
Damdama Lake Hours
- Water Park from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm (Monday – Sunday).
How To reach Damdama Lake by Public Transport
- DTC and HR buses ply to the location.
- 18 km away from HUDA City Center Metro Station; 19 kms from IFFCO Chowk.
Restaurants Near Damdama Lake
- Indie Kitchen
- Your Plate Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Gurgaon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gurgaon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Damdama Lake
95% of people who visit Gurgaon include Damdama Lake in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
78.85% of people start their Damdama Lake visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Damdama Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Damdama Lake