Bhubaneshwari TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Bhutnath, Guwahati, Assam 781010, India
- Timings: 05:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Family And Kids
Bhubaneswari Temple is an age old temple dedicated to Goddess Bhubaneswari, perched atop the Nilachal hill in Guwahati, further above the Kamakhya temple. The panoramic view of the entire city can be enjoyed from outside the temple. Since, it is also a temple dedicated to Goddess Durga, like the Kamakhya temple, the Ambubachi fair takes place here as well in quite a large scale.
The surroundings of the temple are so tranquil that you would want to spend hours sitting here. Moreover the breathtaking view of the valley below is something that you will not find anywhere else in the city. The enchanting natural beauty blended with the spiritual atmosphere casts a spell not just to the devotees but anyone who would visit the place.
- It is a religious place so head should be covered at all times.
- It is advisable to leave the footwear outside.
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
- There are hired taxi or autorickshaw.
- Kolkata Roll
- Red Lobster
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Guwahati before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Guwahati and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.03% of people who visit Guwahati include Bhubaneshwari Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
67.65% of people start their Bhubaneshwari Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bhubaneshwari Temple
68.66% of people prefer walking in order to reach Bhubaneshwari Temple