Events and Festivals in Guwahati
- Durga Puja and Bihu are the main festivals among festivals celebrated here. Durga Puja (September-October) is big celebration time in Guwahati. The local people celebrate this festival with fervor and grand fanfare. Bohag Bihu which is also the Assamese New Year falls in mid April and is the biggest festival celebrated by all in this region.
- The Ambubashi Festival celebrated in the Kamakhya Temple is also a national festival of importance. Magh Bihu or Brahmaputra Beach Festival is the harvest festival in April and is celebrated with gaiety and elaborate rituals.
Trip plans for Guwahati
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Guwahati
Guwahati Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Guwahati
Save 6%Day Trip to Shillong with LunchNew on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
Shillong is the capital and hill station of Meghalaya, also known as "The Abode of Clouds", one of the smallest states in Ind...
Save 7%Private 2-Day Tour of Taj Mahal and Agra from Guwahati Including Return FlightNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Days
6am approx pick-up from hotel in Guwahati and drop at Airport in Guwahati. Arrive at Delhi Airport and drive to home town Agr...
Save 5%Abode of Cloud Motorcycle TourNew on TripHobo
Motorcycle touring in the North-Eastern Region of India is one of the ultimate forms of Adventure Tourism in the region. Moto...
Save 7%2-Day Private Tour to Agra and Taj Mahal from Guwahati with Return FlightNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Days
Pick-up at 6am from hotel in Guwahati and drop at Airport in Guwahati. Arrive at Delhi Airport and drive to home town Agra. 3...
- Events & Festivals in Jorabat
- Events & Festivals in Sonapur
- Events & Festivals in Nongpoh
- Events & Festivals in Rangia
- Events & Festivals in Sarthebari
- Events & Festivals in Laitumkhrah