Umananda Temple987 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Guwahati, Assam, India
- Timings: 05:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 91361-2547102
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Umananda Temple is a Shiva Temple built in Guwahati in 1594, by the Ahom King of Assam. Located on the Peacock Island in the centre of river Brahmaputra, this alluring abode of lord Shiva is one of the finest of its kind and is a favourite destination for worshippers and believers.
An enjoyable ferry ride will take you to this temple and the structure of the temple is a beauty in itself. The inherited rock-cut figures inhabiting the structure are a unique example of Assamese craftsmanship. The representation of Shiva, Surya, Ganesh, Devi and 10 avatars of Lord Vishnu are worth observing. The main shrine can be reached by a flight of steps and the temple is worth a visit when in Guwahati.
Umananda Temple Travel Tips
- It is a religious place so head should be covered at all times.
- It is advisable to leave the footwear outside.
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
- The Siva Chaturdasi is a festival celebrated in the temple annually which is worth catching up.
- Ferry services are available.
How to Reach Umananda Temple
- There are ferry services from kachari ghat.
- Momo Ghar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Guwahati before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Guwahati and book an accommodation of your choice.
84.07% of people who visit Guwahati include Umananda Temple in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
54.81% of people start their Umananda Temple visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Umananda Temple
50.98% of people prefer walking in order to reach Umananda Temple
Umananda Temple Reviews & Ratings
What is the fee for private boats to temple??Answer Report Abuse
Do private boats makes a tour of island?? Or only the gov. Boat?? What does it do just pick up and drop to temple?? That's it??Report Abuse
Government ferry is cheap, around INR 20. Private ferry varies from INR 100 to INR 200 per person depending on the availability and number of passengersReport Abuse