Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen255 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tomb of Ghaus Muhammad, Tansen Nagar, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Tomb
Muhammad Ghaus Gwaliyari was a 16th century Sufi saint and is known for his mesmerizing compositions such as the Jawahir-i-Khamsa and the Bahr-al-Hayat. His fame and brilliance made him a famous mentor and two of his best students were Humayun and Tansen.. Humayun was the 2nd Mughal Emperor and Tansen was the musician of Akbar’s court and a gem among his ‘Navaratnas’. He is said to be the ultimate legend of Indian classical music and his invocating tunes are said to have been invited rains as well.
Tansen and Muhammad Ghaus Gwaliyari are now said to be buried in the same tomb complex being the teacher and his favorite student. The monument is made in the traditional Mughal architecture with the domes and the fantastic lattice work on the windows. It is a perfect place especially for people who love serenity and look for peace.
How to Reach Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen
- The nearest railway station is the Gwalior Train Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Maharajpur Air force Base Airport.
- Delhi Parathewala
- Jain Restaurant
- Chotiwala Restaurant
- Indian Coffee House
- Swaad Restaurant
- Blue Fox
- Amber Garden Café
- Silver Saloon
- Kebab Corner
- Chowpal Restaurant
- Quality Restaurant
- Param Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gwalior before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gwalior and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen Address: Tomb of Ghaus Muhammad, Tansen Nagar, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen Timing: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
43.81% of people who visit Gwalior include Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen in their plan
54.84% of people start their Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen
People normally club together Gujari Mahal Archeological Museum and Italian Garden Enclave while planning their visit to Ghaus Tomb And Samadhi Of Tansen.