Are you looking for what to do in Gwalior?
- Gwalior Fort: The gigantic Gwalior Fort with its sand stone walls is a magnificent structure which is counted among the biggest and strongest forts of India. The ‘Pearl of the Fortresses of Hind’ overlooks the city of Gwalior and is a popular sight with tourists.
- Jai Vilas Palace: Built to look like the Italian Palazo, this Corinth, Taksan and Doric style designed palace is a spectacular place. The huge Darbar Hall contains Asia’s largest chandeliers and is decorated in painted gold leaves and huge mirrors.
- Man Mandir: Built by Raja Mann Singh, the Man Mandir Palace is as splendid as the Gwalior Fort. The intricate and detailed design and carvings are worth looking at Mausoleum of Md. Ghaus and Tansen. The tomb of Md. Ghaus and Tansen is a big structure with lattice work architecture and hexagonal towers at the top of each corner and a big dome in the centre.
- Scindia Museum: The Scindia Museum contains Maharaja Jiyaji Rao’s collection of weapons, sculptures, coins, crystal jewelry, paintings, stuffed animals, and the swords of Shah Jahan and Aurangzeb.
- Besides there are also places like Daata Bandi Chor Gurudwara, Bateshwar, Garhi Mithawali, Garhi Padawali, Teli Ka Mandir, etc which are equally scenic and worth seeing.
Below we have a list of things to do in Gwalior and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Gwalior getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Gwalior with confidence.