Visit Hakodate - Best of Hakodate
The third largest city on the second largest island of Japan, Hakodate in Hokkaido is a port city and the capital of Oshima Subprefecture. Overlooked by Mount Hakodate, this city is a famous tourist destination thanks to the presence of abundant natural beauty. Popularly known as the city of ‘Four Seasons’, Hakodate offers its visitors gorgeous sceneries, historical buildings, hot springs, delicious sea food and many events that keep happening throughout the year.
The city’s charm is seen through a perfect union of comforts of a city life and adventures of great outdoors. Serving some of the best sea-food and sushi in the country, Hakodate even hosts its very own food festival every year.
Each season brings with itself a different kind of a Hakodate. The four distinctive seasons offer visitors many beautiful sites along with a ton of activities to do.
A perfect family destination, Hakodate deserves a spot on your Japanese holiday.
Hakodate Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Hakodate tips for your visit
- Time zone : Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)
- Currency : Yen (¥)
- Electricity : Japan uses voltage of 100 volts, 50/60 Hz and the electrical plugs have two, non-polarized pins.
- Languages : Japanese (national language)
- Drives on : Left
- Internet : With a download speed of 2 Gbps and an upload speed of 1 Gbps, this city has some of the best internet services available. 4G networks and Wi-Fi are commonly available.
- Taxi : A common mode of transportation, you can just raise your hand to call for a taxi.
- Tipping : Individual tipping is not common in Hakodate, rather a 10 to 15 percent service charge is added to your bills
- Drinking water : The tap water in Hakodate is safe to drink. Fresh spring water, especially in Hokkaido is quite popular.
- Convenience Stores : Most of the convenience stores are open late till the night, or even 24 hours. These stores sell a wide range of products.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Hakodate and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Hakodate- Know before you go to Hakodate
Hakodate Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Hakodate
- Cities Near Hakodate
- Aomori Prefecture Tourism
- Misawa Tourism
- Sapporo-shi Tourism
- Urakawa Tourism
- Shizukuishi Tourism
- Akita Tourism
- Obihiro Tourism
- Shiwa District Tourism
- Hanamaki Tourism
- Top cities from Japan
- Tokyo Tourism
- Kyoto Tourism
- Nara Tourism
- Hiroshima Tourism
- Narita Tourism
- Nagoya-shi Tourism
- Bibai Tourism
- Asahikawa Tourism
- Muroran Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Comox Tourism
- Chickasha Tourism
- Pauls Valley Tourism