Hakodate Park2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Japan, 〒040-0044 Hokkaidō, Hakodate-shi, 青柳町Aoyagichō, 17−17
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +81-138403601
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
The Hakodate Park is Japan’s first western styled park and is popular for its Cherry trees that are covered with beautiful pink flowers during the spring season. The meandering pathways, the fountain, the children’s playground area and the small zoo- all make this place an ideal family spot. The park was opened in 1812 with an intention to have a spot where people could relax and partake in fitness activities. Today, its 420 cherry blossom tress form a canopy over most of the park and is one of the most loved tourist spots.
The park accommodates the Hakodate Museum, Library and a number of memorials.
Other highlights include:
- Majesty’s Imperial monument
- The Moso sect that has a forest of the finest Bamboo.
- Stone Lantern donated by Nobukazu Asada.
- A drinking fountain that dates back to the Meiji period.
- “Tsurugame no Matsu" which is a Pine tree that was planted here in the Meiji period.
- The central fountain that was built to commemorate 100 years of the completion of the park.
Owing to its lush greenery, spacious layout and laid back feel, the park is perfect to spend an evening or afternoon at when in the city.
Hakodate Park Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hakodate Park
- Admission to the place including the Visitor Centre and the Animal facility, is Free.
Hakodate Park Hours
The park is open 24/7
- Open daily from 8.45 am to 5.30 pm
- Closed from December 29 – Janury 3
- April – October: 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
- November – March: 8:45 am - 4:00 pm
How to Reach Hakodate Park
- Bus stop: Hakodate Park Bus Stop Hakodate Park (Bus)
- Light Rail stop: Aoyagicho Station Aoyagi station
- By taking a Street Car.
- By renting a Bike.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hakodate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakodate and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.39% of people who visit Hakodate include Hakodate Park in their plan
95% of people start their Hakodate Park visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Hakodate Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hakodate Park