Hakodate Hachiman Shrine163 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2-5 Yachigashiracho, Hakodate, Hokkaido 040-0046, Japan Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-0138223636
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Dedicated to Kami Hachiman (an idol that follows both Buddhism and Shinto), the Hachiman shrine was built in 1445 and is one of the most respected and popular shrines in the city. People come here to pray for divine protection and the place is also is commonly worshipped by Samurais.
The building itself is an amazing example of 15th century Japanese architecture (popularly known for its "Taisho style Yawata" design) with cherry blossoms adorning its tranquil space and the fabulous view of the Omori coast seen from the top of the stairs that lead to the shrine. The wooden entrance, gorgeous design of the roof, an old water pavilion, stone sculptures seen around the premise along with the mountains in the background, spin the magic of the yesteryears. Winters multiply the charm of the place with snow covering the entire shrine- resembling a scene straight out of a book! The place has a map displayed for visitor to make sure you don’t lose your way. To see the shrine at its best, don’t miss out on the New Years celebration and the Summer festival if you are in the city during peak season!
Entrance Ticket Details For Hakodate Hachiman Shrine
- Admission to the shrine is Free.
How to Reach Hakodate Hachiman Shrine
- Bus stop: Yachigashira Hot Spring Bus Stop Yanagido Onsen (bus)
- Light Rail stop: Yachigashira Tanihara head
- By taking a Street Car.
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hakodate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakodate and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Hakodate Hachiman Shrine Address: 2-5 Yachigashiracho, Hakodate, Hokkaido 040-0046, Japan
- Hakodate Hachiman Shrine Contact Number: +81-0138223636
- Hakodate Hachiman Shrine Timing: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Best time to visit Hakodate Hachiman Shrine(preferred time): 09:30 am - 03:30 pm
- Time required to visit Hakodate Hachiman Shrine: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
34.1% of people who visit Hakodate include Hakodate Hachiman Shrine in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50% of people start their Hakodate Hachiman Shrine visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hakodate Hachiman Shrine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hakodate Hachiman Shrine
People normally club together Mount Hakodate and Shomyo-ji Temple while planning their visit to Hakodate Hachiman Shrine.