Hijikata Toshizo Saigo No JihiCurrently Open
- Address: 33-6 Wakamatsu-cho, Hakodate 040-0063, Hokkaido, Japan
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
Toshizo Hijikata was a military leader known for his swordsmanship. He became the vice minister of army when the Republic of Ezo was founded and lead the Samurai forces during the 1869 Battle of Hakodate. With the on going war, it was here that Hijikata Toshizo took his last stand before he was shot in the back and died in 1869
Today, this is the oldest monument in the city and celebrates one of the legendary heroes of Japan. Even today, his followers come from far and near to pay tribute to the man and to offer flowers. Come her to see this rather understated but important monument during your walks through the city.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hijikata Toshizo Saigo No Jihi
- Admission to the place is Free.
How to Reach Hijikata Toshizo Saigo No Jihi
- Bus stop: Total Fukushi Center Mae Bus Stop General welfare center front (bus)
- Light Rail stop: Shinkawa-Cho Shinkawa Town
- By taking a Street Car.
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Hakodate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Hakodate and book an accommodation of your choice.